Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Old rv'er, new member

Just picked up a new 2015 Cruiser Aire CAF29RL about a week ago in Tampa and took it to Santa Fe for a shakedown cruise. We traded a Carriage Cameo even and lost 8 ft and 4000 lbs. The old F350 and I love it! Now I've got to find an F250 diesel to trade for.

It was a little cramped at first after the old one but we are getting used to it and find it to be well built and reasonably luxurious, in some ways better than the old one. Best thing of all besides towability: Very little carpet!

I do have two burning questions:

1. There are two foot long led lights in the V on the front cap that I can't figure out how to turn on. The Crossroads tech said there was a switch in the driver side basement but I couldn't find it. I tried all the permutations of truck lights on, porch light on, awning light on, etc before I called. Any ideas?

2. I have the Lippert linc tablet installed from the factory. In theory it can be used to run lights, awnings, slides, etc. but mine appears to be only user manuals and videos although the apps for running the equipment are present if you dig into settings. I called Crossroads and was told it should operate all that stuff but they didn't have much -or any- knowledge of it. I called Lippert and the tech said it was so new they had not yet had any training and there were no manuals yet. I am inclined to think that Crossroads just stuck it in as a digital manual repository but their tech said it should work(?).

I'd like to get it working since so many of the switches and readouts are inconveniently located. Has anyone already been down this road?

Thanks for any help. I hope I will be able to help others as well.
stormseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:38 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Mine turned on at a unmarked switch on the control panel. Did you buy your unit from Lazy Days?
Old 03-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCFR34 View Post
Mine turned on at a unmarked switch on the control panel. Did you buy your unit from Lazy Days?
Yes, I did. That is a slick operation. Considering some of the folks I've dealt with before, pretty professional.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

No unidentified switch on the control panel. maybe they never completed the wiring.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Congrats on the new Cruiser Aire!! Mine is in the front compartment under the hitch. If you are facing the trailer the switch is on the top right hand corner. Very hard to find as you are bending over to start with.

Good luck!
2014 Cruiser Aire 30DB (Bunk house)
DavidandJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:44 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidandJennifer View Post
Congrats on the new Cruiser Aire!! Mine is in the front compartment under the hitch. If you are facing the trailer the switch is on the top right hand corner. Very hard to find as you are bending over to start with.

Good luck!
Found it! A black switch with a black surround on a black surface in a black upper area of a black basement. Doesn't seem like something I'll use much considering the difficulty getting at it and the fact that 9 of the twenty or so led's are burnt out already. Maybe I'll move thee switch and add some better led's down the road.

Thanks for the help. One question down!!
Old 03-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Try this video. You might not be in the correct app.
If all else fails, find a Millenial.

P-Fam #2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:17 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Fam #2 View Post
Try this video. You might not be in the correct app.
If all else fails, find a Millenial.

Thanks. I did see that video when I did my research before calling anyone.

I do not have the "My RV Control Panel" icon on the home page that opens the controls. Its supposed to be the last item on the list with all the how to's and manuals according to the Lippert tech I spoke with. That's why I suspect that none of it's hooked to switches to actually control anything. I was calling to ask about getting some of the things installed when the Crossroads tech told me it should be hooked up and working. However none of them know much about it as it's new. Since neither Crossroads nor Lippert knows anything about it except that it exists, I don't to how to get any answers.

I would gladly pay a reasonable amount to be able to stand aside and extend the slides, awning, etc.

I appreciate your input.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:15 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

I see that you got your answer but wanted to welcome you to the forum. We bought the CAF27RL in November and have had it out twice for 5 days each. We are really enjoying it. Hope you enjoy the 29.

What ways shall I wish I had taken when I am leaving this world? - William Law

Rhizoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:25 PM   #10
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. As you can see, you will get help with questions.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Storm
Congratulations on your new camper, and welcome to the forum...Glad to hear you are happy with you Cruiser Air...I must admit though I am a little concerned about all the electronics being added to these new units...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:23 AM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Thanks to all for the welcome and help. I look forward to participating in the forum.

Tags
led, lippert linc