Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Just purchased a 2013 Cruiser Patriot 345RF and going to pick it up this weekend in Minnesota. Formerly had a 2008 Fleetwood Terry TT when we had our gas 3/4 ton but after upgrading to a 1 ton diesel earlier this year we decided to go a little bigger. Hauled our TT 6,000 miles this summer with 0 issues. Hoping to see the same reliability from our new Crossroads Cruiser. I did a fair bit of research on the Crossroads units before going this route - a little concerned after reading the QC issues here recently but hopefully our unit was built on a Tuesday!! We did feel the price point was reasonable given the options out there but to us it is more about the floor plan and this model is about 4 feet shorter and 2,500 lbs lighter than other brands with the same floor plan. We didn't want to haul 15,000 lbs everywhere when you put on miles like us. We always start in Canada and end up in the states somewhere. This year was Saskatoon,SK to New York to Ottawa and back to Saskatoon. I truly hope our experience with this new unit is as great as our last one!! Next summer Yellowstone, Moab and back up through the Black Hills.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Happy to see the forum up and running again. Got the trailer home safe. Love how it handles on the highway.

Saskatoon, SK
Old 11-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Cruiser. It should give you many years of memorable travels.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

congrats we have the same unit, we have had some issues sadlybut you are so right it tows like a dream and the layout is awesome.
Luckily we have the 2 and 5 warranty as we got ours in the spring.... so they have another year to get it right.......LOL

Well maybe unless Tom runs the business into the ground by then...

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new rig...have fun and enjoy the camping...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
GLE
New Camper

Hi, You mentioned that you have the 2plus 5 warranty.Have you had problem with workmanship on your unit? I'm considering to purchase acrossroadunit. One unithas the 2plus 5 warranty and the other only 1 year. I'm concerned with purchasing the unit with 1 year warranty if there are workmanship issues with the crossroad. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:27 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum WildWildWest hope you guys enjoy your new 5ver, best of luck and safe travels

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Scott,
We just took a you-tube tour of a Cruiser Patriot 345RF. What a beautiful rig! We sure wish you have a wonderful time traveling with your new Cruiser.
See you down the trail.
Kamper Dave
Old 01-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

First off we love the layout of the CF345, there are lots of things we like about the construction and the finish's and there are some things that are really disappointing.

Have we had issues ..........yes we have hadsome issues such as the mainslide getting stuck out when we were on vacation and1200 miles from home, turned out to be wire that came off of a connection to the motor of the slide drive, also the large panel above thecouchabout 10 inchs high that runs the length of the main slide fell down last fall while in our trailer park on our seasonal lot, also we had a leak which may or may not have been due to the slide issue previously mentioned. Haven't had it out on the road since coming back from the dealer to find out if that was the issue butcan say we had a sh*te load of water in the trailer all over the floor and carpet when we arrived at the dealers to get the slide issue repaired.
paint on the one slide is peeling off and a few other little issues which you get with any rv.

No major structural issues to date, tows awesome and i mean light years ahead of the 5 cougas iowned...

still ticks me off when I paywell over 50 grand with taxes for an RV and fun into a bunch of issueswhile I never had any real issues with two brand new Cougars.

I will say that we are maticulous about our cars, trucks, boatand rv and they look as goodat trade in time as when we bought them and likely are in better condition overall. I take pride in ensuring proper preventative maintenance and their appearance.

So all RV's have issues, the 2 and 5 warranty and the good comments on this website forum convinced me that after sales service was second to none with Crossroads so that was our deciding fact as I was leaning toward buying aMontana at the time of this purchase.

I have an awesome local dealer who drops everythingwhen we come in with an issue so if I can recommend anything buy local and buy from a dealerwith a good reputation as they want your business and will try to keep you coming back. I"m on unit number 8 or 10 from this one and when he got out of Cougars he wentwith Crossroads and thus that is what we have.

Dont get me wrong I'm still a little ticked about the issuesI've had and plan to take it in to have it gone over again in the spring.... I want the paint issue fixed and the dealerwants to send itback to crossroads for that, i'm leaning that way as long as it is out and back in short order.

Hope this helps....

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLE
Hi, Â*You mentioned that you have the 2plus 5 warranty.Have you had problem with workmanship on your unit? I'm considering to purchase aÂ*crossroadÂ*unit. One unitÂ*has the 2plus 5 warranty Â*and the other only 1 year. I'm concerned with purchasing the unit with 1 year warranty if there are workmanship issues with the crossroad. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Â*
All new units purchased after September,2012 or thereabouts have the new 1 year warranty. Our 2013 says 2+5 on the outside but it is the new 1 year warranty that we have. So far the workmanship seems good all around but we won't really know until I get it on the road this summer. Have about 5 weeks of camping planned and about 5,000 miles of driving so I'm pretty sure we will find any problems if they exist.
Saskatoon, SK
Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

WWW,
I don't want to correct you but I think you have it wrong. I visited my dealer in late October and he had many units on hand. Most of them have the 2+5 sticker on them, and they are covered by the old warranty. The line in the sand on the warranty as I was told is "units built after Sept 1, 2012" will be covered under the new warranty, all uits manufactured prior to 9/1/2012 will be covered under the old warranty. That's what my dealer told me, and he says CR told him the same. I think Tom Montague mentioned that in the "Boo-Hiss" blog. JMHO

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Jim -- You are correct the cut off is September 1,2012. Everything after that date is 1 year, 12 point plan.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator447

WWW,
I don't want to correct you but I think you have it wrong.Â* I visited my dealer in late October and he had many units on hand.Â* Most of them have the 2+5 sticker on them, and they are covered by the old warranty.Â* The line in the sand on the warranty as I was told is "units built after Sept 1, 2012" will be covered under the new warranty, all uits manufactured prior to 9/1/2012 will be covered under the old warranty.Â* That's what my dealer told me, and he says CR told him the same.Â* I think Tom Montague mentioned that in the "Boo-Hiss" blog.Â* JMHO
Â*
Jim
I think I will contact Crossroads and get clarification. Our build date is May, 2012 on our 2013 model and we bought it in October, 2012. I expected to get the special "care package" from CR that now comes with the 1 year warranty and we haven't received anything so maybe we do have the 2+5. I will reply back once I find out.
Saskatoon, SK
Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Scott -- As I know it, if your unit was MADE before September 2012, you have the 2+5 Warranty. The date it was made should be on a sticker on the left hand side of your camper.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote