Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to leadville123

Crossroads RV and Lippert Axle will not stand by there warranty. I broke an axle equalizer in Utah and had it fixed but Lippert or Crossroads both says it is out of warranty. I bought my Patriot Cruiser in Sept. of 2011.. Also anything that Crossroads didn't build isn't covered under there warranty period as it falls back on the original manufacturer.

Buyer Beware is all I have to say
Old 07-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville123

Crossroads RV and Lippert Axle will not stand by there warranty.Â* I broke an axle equalizer in Utah and had it fixed but Lippert or Crossroads both says it is out of warranty.Â* I bought my Patriot Cruiser in Sept. of 2011.. Also anything that Crossroads didn't build isn't covered under there warranty period as it falls back on the original manufacturer.Â*Â*
Â*
Buyer Beware is all I have to say

What warrantty did you're come with? Jb
Old 07-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I was told when I bought the 5th wheel that it had a 2yr bumper to bumper and a 5yr limited. All I hear from Crossroads is that anything that they don't build is covered for the 2yrs and anything like the jacks, axles, fridge and water heater is covered by separate manufacturers.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville123

I was told when I bought the 5th wheel that it had a 2yr bumper to bumper and a 5yr limited.Â* All I hear from Crossroads is that anything that they don't build is covered for the 2yrs and anything like the jacks, axles, fridge and water heater is covered by separate manufacturers.

I sure would push them on this as if you are in warranty you are in warrantty. If needed get hold of Andi or Randy at crossroads to sort this out. They are great people and very fair to work with. Did lippert refuse to help you.
Don't get to upset as this part isn't real expensive but install may be. I do my own stuff sp I can't judge that. How in the world did you manage to break that part as I have never heard of that before JMHO jb
Old 07-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Oh I have already fixed it without any trouble but was hoping that Lippert or Crossroads would give me a bit of my money back. I thank you for the names of these guys and will chat with them if I can get by the operator. Lippert wasn't any help at all and all they could say is that the axles were out of warranty.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

We pulled into a service station in Beaver, Ut. and heard this popping noise and began to check it out and it was this axle equalizer. I don't know when it was broke or how. I had just gotten the axles aligned a few weeks before and new tires at the same time.