Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Sunset Super Lite 300RK

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this forum and appreciate any feedback or advice. Wife and I are
looking at a 2016 300RK. Anybody have one? Have you had a good experience
with it. My only concern is the size of the black and gray tanks. Seems small for
a trailer of this size. Our 248RKS bullet has 40 gallon tanks and they seem to
fill up quick. We have looked at a lot of different trailers but keep coming back
to this one. Is it a good choice?
fam5mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Welcome. Even though I am new to this forum also I have read some good information on here.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:42 PM   #3
New Camper

I have the 30RK and I love the layout (Mine is a 2013). It's great for couples without children. There is lots of storage and the counter space is great in the kitchen. The bedroom in ours has the standard queen so it was easy to swap out the mattress for a better quality. No regrets whatsoever on the layout we chose. Ours has two grey tanks. One in the kitchen area and another in the bathroom area
Old 04-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Sunset 300RK

Thank you Holly for your reply. We love the layout of the 300RK. Does yours have the shallow kitchen sink?
Any major issues or problems? It looks like a nice trailer but after reading some reviews it makes one afraid to purchase any.
fam5mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:14 PM   #5
New Camper

I'm not sure if I would consider our sink shallow. It's not as big as some I've seen but it's a good size double sink. As far as issues, we had the front bubble fade like everyone else. One of our electric jacks failed, and the hub caps peeled. Our dealership took care of everything over the first winter and stored it for us for free. We moved our electric Jack switches from under the trailer into the storage area. They wouldn't have lasted long were they were placed. The brackets that they use in the kitchen pantry are poorly designed and when you travel on a rough road the shelves bounce off their brackets and you end up with a huge mess. I will be installing a better system this summer. All in all we are pretty lucky, and I'm quite satisfied with this trailer.