Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
New Camper

We are so excited to have upgraded from our Rockwood pop-up. It was fun for a few years but the kids are growing and we have another on the way so it was time to get some luxuries. We had some trouble with a dealer when we were looking (not a Crossroads dealer) where he had posted an ad online for an older Savoy but when we got there to negotiate, the dealer told us he never intended to sell the unit. It was just "bait" to get people on the lot. Seriously? Isn't that against BBB rules?

Anyway, not getting that trailer was an example of unanswered prayers. Because,disgusted by that business,the next day we went down and looked at our new baby, the Sunset Trail. About a ton lighter than the 2005 Savoy, with a flat-screen, all new gadgets, etc. We were sold. Came home and read up on the forums and realized that there were a lot of smart folks who had good things to say about Crossroads and their service and warranty. Cannot recommend our dealer enough - Transwest in Frederick, Colorado. Too bad we had to immediately winterize and store it. New baby girlwill come before our first camping trip this summer so we didn't want to take any chances.

My fave thing about the new trailer? The kids' room in the back with the flip-up bunk and table. Not to mention AIR and storage galore (comparatively)!! The pop-up was awesome, but the dark side sucked us in at long last. My only question is where the heck is the grey water tank? We can only find the fresh and the place where you dump the black tank - does the grey come out the same black tube as the black? I know I could just call the dealer and ask but I would feel like a dork since we already had the walk-through. Also, anyone else who has this model or one like it - there is a hollow space behind the kids' dinette, to the right of the cabinet - what is that for? Or what are you using it for? It's not a shelf because it dips down behind the seat.

Also, where in the world is this laundry chute I keep reading about? Even in Crossroads' description of the standards for this unit, it has it, but I checked next to the bed, not there - is it some hidden panel under the bed that opens to the storage?

Edited by: SunsetKeni
Old 04-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Nice unit and welcome aboard.

The grey and black tanks have their own dump valves however they usually come out the same drain opening where you attach the sewer hose.

Happy camping!

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
New Camper

AHA! I thought so! Thanks!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

best of luck

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

congrats on the new rig . i know you will like it . our laundry chute is right next to our bed it is a carpeted peace of wood on a hinge . we just lift it andthrow our dirty laundry into a wash basket we have in the front storage compartment . hope this helps . also, depending ont he literature you received . check what year that lit was for . if it was 2009 lit it should be there, but if it is 2010 lit. ,they may not have that listed as a feature . i thought our ST was supposed to have the Equa - Flex suspension . it was outdated lit. and mine is just the shackles and springs . just a thought. enoy . we have hadnothing but good comments on our St
2013 Ram 2500 HD Hemi
Pullrite super glide
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the new rig..lots of nice places to try it out in CO....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #7
New Camper

Thanks! We are itching to go anywhere at this point. Snow today, so that dampensthe urgea little but not much. Now that we have a solid (solid as a trailer canbe) roof over our heads, I would camp in the storage lot. I think we have many more trips coming in the future than we ever did in the pop-up.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Have a good time with your SunSet Trail! We have a 2008 RB 27 and like it. The night stand on ours has the laundry chute cover right next to the bed. Lift up the carpeted cover. On ours it's on the side of the bed, the same side as the entrance door to trailer. I'm sure you will have many good trips in this unit!!
Happy camping!!

Old 04-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Most of us refer to that as "Camp Driveway"..."Camp Storage lot" would be a new experience

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Hey, nice TT! We bought the same model, a 2011, late in Oct. I think it is basically a 2010 model. I never saw anything about a lundry chute. First I heard of it. Maybe I should check?I think that area behind the kid's seat is just space. Our kid's think they will trowing their 'junk' back there. We are getting things ready for our maiden trip (short) in two more weeks. Can't wait! By-the-way, did yours come with a BBQ grill? IF so, does it have the arm to attach it to the bumper?
ronhuntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #11
New Camper

I saw the laundry chute listed in the brochure on the website, so maybe it's outdated.I am wanting to pick up the mattress and plywood under it and maybe look under there for the chute once we start camping in a couple months. In this model, the area under the mattress does not go all the way through to the storage area, which we like for heating purposes. That is funny about the seat space, lol - kids will probably be using that for dirty laundry and we'd never know til the smell overwhelms us.

Nope, no grill. We only got the semi-useless burners that come out above the axle. Or at least husband thinks they are useless. Haven't thought of a use for them yet. Maybe boiling beans? I usually boil coffee in an old camp percolator pot inside on chilly mornings.