Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2016, 06:33 AM   #1
New Camper

WV Newbies

My wife and I just purchased a Sunset Trail Super Lite 260 RL. We are new to travel trailers but have camping experience, and are avid National Park fans. We have planned a number of trips this year for the Mid-Atlantic region to both enjoy what this region offers as well as gain experience with towing and operating a travel trailer. We purchased a weight distribution anti-sway hitch with the camper and our initial 500 mile tow went very well, except for the GPS sending us down a dead-end road instead of a park entrance road. I gained more experience than I ever imagined backing up during our trip home from the RV dealer in Ohio. Like most experiences in life, what doesn't kill you, or in this instance, damage property, does make you better. I have towed boats and utility trailers tens of thousands of miles but nothing this large or this tall. We are towing with a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 L V8 extended cab, long bed 4WD w/tow package. The truck had no problem handling the trailer through the mountains of West Virginia and it was rock solid and smooth the entire trip.

I do have some newbie questions. I have not located the electrical panel with the auto style fuses. The literature that came with the RV does not include electrical schematics. Also, we don't know how to swing the TV out from the wall. Does anyone know whether there is a latch back there? Appreciate any advice. We are looking forward to new adventures and making new friends.

Bill & Terri Yates
Lefty Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:48 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome aboard.
If you turn on all the lights you should be able to hear the fan on the converter running. That is where all the breakers and fuses are. At least that is where they are on mine.

Nice looking rig.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:53 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that.
Bill
Old 06-04-2016, 10:18 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Lefty being from WV you should know not to trust GPS. LOL Just kidding. Referring to my experiences in the back woods ATVing in WV. Welcome to the forum from NC.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #5
New Camper

Some of us always learn the hard way. On the positive side I really did get a lot of practice backing the rig up safely, and my wife was a great help. We got through it without a raised voice or harsh word. So, all-in-all it was a good experience. And, yes, I should know better than to trust the GPS.

Thanks for the welcome.

Bill
Old 06-04-2016, 11:40 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Yea last month while on a two week vacation. I pulled into a restaurant parking lot and what looked like a large parking lot that went all the way around. After I pulled in I realized the parking lot was separated by a median and just stopped. DW had to get out and direct me as I backed out into the street as other vehicles were impatiently trying to squeeze in afraid they were going to loose a second out of their pretty little world. I didn't even cuss once which surprised even me.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:45 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum Lefty. Congratulations on the new rv.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:39 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Lefty
Reach under the middle of the TV for a chain or piece of fabric...Pull down on the fabric and at the same time gently pull the bottom of the television toward you...That should release the lock and allow you to swing it out from the wall...

Good luck with the new camper and welcome to the forum....Also you might want to take a look at the Mason/Dixon Bunch Rally on the rally thread of this forum...Great bunch of people and just one state over from you...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:34 PM   #9
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles