Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Well, after looking at 5ers at the Minneapolis RV Show for the last three years we finally bought one, a Cruiser CF325CK Patriot. Before we ever went to an RV show I wanted a <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="&#111;n"><st1lace w:st="&#111;n">Montana</st1lace></st1:State>. So we looked at those and liked them very much and we learned that <st1:State w:st="&#111;n"><st1lace w:st="&#111;n">Montana</st1lace></st1:State> was/is the #1 selling 5er in the country. Knowing <st1:State w:st="&#111;n"><st1lace w:st="&#111;n">Montana</st1lace></st1:State> was #1 made us think that was the right trailer for us. However, at the second RV show we attended we learned about the Bighorn and really liked that even more than the <st1:State w:st="&#111;n"><st1lace w:st="&#111;n">Montana</st1lace></st1:State>. Later at that same show we saw our first Crossroads product, a <st1lace w:st="&#111;n"><st1:City w:st="&#111;n">Kingston</st1:City></st1lace>, and talked with a district rep. who told us about the construction of Crossroads products. As we walked away from that RV show we were confused; it sounded like the Crossroads was a better product than either the <st1:State w:st="&#111;n"><st1lace w:st="&#111;n">Montana</st1lace></st1:State> or the Bighorn. So I set out to learn everything I could about the differences and the pros and cons of those differences. After about 4 months of extensive research I was totally convinced that the Crossroads was a better product for a whole variety of reasons and they backed up their product better than most.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

Next we looked at all the floor plans and talked and talked and talked while imagining ourselves living in the 5er. Ultimately we decided on the Cruiser CF32CKP. But Crossroads changed that model this year. We were kind of sad about that.

So this year when we went to the RV show we hoped to see a cruiser, but weren’t thinking of buying one. That is until we walked into a CF325CK. It was perfect for us in every single way. So we made a low-ball offer and they countered and we countered back and then the magic number arrived and HOLY COW suddenly we owned one.

Leaving that RV show I felt scared, but that fear and buyer’s remorse has passed and now we are just delighted. Now we are flooded with dreams of adventures yet to come with our Cruiser.
klr650goldwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Congrats! Now get out there and break that thing in and have some fun.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome to Crossroads and the 5er club. You will be happy with your purchase.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Great news, the CF325CK is a wonderful floorplan and you should be very happy with it. Now you just need some camping weather. And you made the right choice regarding brand. Even though Keystone and Crossroads are both part of Thor, each is run differently, and because Keystone is so big, they can't provide the same type of customer support that CR does. I had contemplated a Keystone product and joined the Keystone forum last year, read lots of posts, asked lots of questions and moved on. Did the same thing with the Heartland forum, tougher decision, but again moved on. Staying with CR.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:25 AM   #5
Site Team

Greg:
Congratulations!!! I know the turmoil you went through. We did the same thing, felt the same----did we do the right thing----I would say now, we did the right thing for "us" Hope your feelings are mutual. Again, congrats.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Welcome aboard.
My wife and I went through exactly what you did. We really liked the Wildcats and Cougars. I spent all last summer researching all 3 and looked at many units and learned that the construction/options/value/price of the CR was by far better than any other. We settled on the 325CKP (Provincial) as well. Can't beat the 2+5 warranty either! We can't wait to break it in the first weekend of May!

Congrats...

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the new 5er and welcome to the Crossroads family. We went through the same thing as you back in '06 when we were looking for our first 5er. Now we are on our second Cruiser 5er.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Good for you! Welcome, we know you will love it...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Hi. Congrats and welcome aboard
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote