Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road King
salda01 - Did you happen to be in the 206 site area with the Steelers fans from Kenosha?

My wife was wearing a tie dye Steelers shirt this last weekend. Silver Springs was nice. Not sure I like the four per space area. Would be big fun for a large group. I hear Halloween is off the hook up there.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Dave

Yes we where on 206 with 3 other friends. Our friends from Kenosha are huge Steelers fans. They even appeared on the Milwaukee Fox News because of their team spirit during the SuperBowl.

I do remember your wife's shirt walking around. In fact I was with our friends whenshe gave your wife a shout out.

Where you about 2 sites away from us 208 / 209?

We really like Silver Springs, but I could see wherethe 4 packs could be a little odd if you had neighbors who you didn't know.Since we have such a big group of friends we camp with it's not really an issue for us. In fact we kinda liked it... Just being a different set up and the grounds are very clean.

We stayed there last year, but up in the seasonal full hook up area. It's really quiet up there,with really nice seasonals folks.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

RoadKing - In speaking with DW, she met you and your wife in front of the pool / store with Steeler fan and their Mastiff.

'08 CF30QB

Old 08-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

Yeah, looks like your group was having a great time. The way you guys had the trailers all making your own area must have been fun. The next time we go back a group will be the way we go.

Looking to try Hidden Valley this weekend. Just not sure yet if we can get in.

Take care.

Dave

010 Zinger 32QB
Road King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Yeah, looks like your group was having a great time. The way you guys had the trailers all making your own area must have been fun. The next time we go back a group will be the way we go.

Looking to try Hidden Valley this weekend. Just not sure yet if we can get in.

Take care.

Dave

Good Luck with Hidden Valley. Steeler fans went from Silver Springs to Viking Village to Hidden Valley. Spoke withSteelers Fanstoday and I guess there is some sort of Families for Motorhomes rally / convention in Madison, so most of the places are filled with MH's . They estimated about 100 MH's at pulled into Hidden Valley yesterday and today.

Hidden Valley does have a few sites they typically leave open for those who just pull in. They are no frills , park in a parking lot, full hook up sites.

We're staying close going to Jellystone in Calendonia. Picked up a Groupon like gift certificate $100 for $50 from getmyperks.com/milwaukee.

Have a good weekend

'08 CF30QB

Old 08-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

We were offered the "overflow" sites at Hidden Valley but decided against it. River Bend is full for the summer on weekends so I guess we won't be going there anytime soon.

Going to camp in the driveway tonight. Plans the next two weekends. I think I'm going to check in to Hidden Valley for the weekend of the 26th.

Enjoy your weekend as well.

Dave

010 Zinger 32QB
Old 08-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #26
Full Time Camper

Quote:
We were offered the "overflow" sites at Hidden Valley but decided against it. River Bend is full for the summer on weekends so I guess we won't be going there anytime soon.

Going to camp in the driveway tonight. Plans the next two weekends. I think I'm going to check in to Hidden Valley for the weekend of the 26th.

Dave
This past weekend was terrible. The park was packed full, I counted about 3 open sites. Pool so crowded you could only stand. The store only had 1 person working the counter same for the snack shack. Not enough juice running to the pedestals, breakers kept tripping (not only mine, but our neighbors too). The sewer hook ups are to high to allow for proper flow.

Guess we got luck as we'll be Riverbend next weekend with 3 other families looking forward to it. Hopefully, it won't be so busy with IL. kids going back to school this week. I have also heard that Smokey Hollow and Merry Mac are booked for the season as well.

Our only trip to Hidden Valley will be mid Oct, when we do a parents' weekend with at least 4 other couples. It's the last trip of the year and we drink our trailers dry.

'08 CF30QB

Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #27
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by salda01
Quote:

Dave
This past weekend was terrible. The park was packed full, I counted about 3 open sites. Pool so crowded you could only stand. The store only had 1 person working the counter same for the snack shack. Not enough juice running to the pedestals, breakers kept tripping (not only mine, but our neighbors too). The sewer hook ups are to high to allow for proper flow.

Guess we got luck as we'll be Riverbend next weekend with 3 other families looking forward to it. Hopefully, it won't be so busy with IL. kids going back to school this week. I have also heard that Smokey Hollow and Merry Mac are booked for the season as well.

Our only trip to Hidden Valley will be mid Oct, when we do a parents' weekend with at least 4 other couples. It's the last trip of the year and we drink our trailers dry.
What was the name of the place your were at?

Maybe we'll see you some where down the road. Might be heading back to Silver Springs for the Halloween festivities. But, we'll see.

Take care.

Dave

010 Zinger 32QB
Old 08-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #28
Full Time Camper

Quote:
What was the name of the place your were at?

Maybe we'll see you some where down the road. Might be heading back to Silver Springs for the Halloween festivities. But, we'll see.

Take care.

Dave

We where at Jellystone Calendonia just South of Milwaukee about 2 miles East of I294. Sad to say but it's probably the best campground between Milwaukee and Chicago. One could hit stay there and hit Six Flags and or the Renaissance Faire.

'08 CF30QB

Old 08-10-2011, 05:10 AM   #29
Weekend Camper

We're headed to Silver Springs this weekend to come down from the epic journey around the lake.

<strike>2004 Dodge Durango</strike>

2009 GMC Sierra 1500

2012 Slingshot GT29BH
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #30
Full Time Camper

We like Silver Springs... Be prepared for 4 pack sites. Meaning 4 units share the power pedestals and water hook ups located in the center of the sites. If you 1st one on site you can set the design.

Some back their units to the pedestals others park sideways.We parked in horseshoe, but we knewother 3camping units.

Enjoyyour trip around thelake.

'08 CF30QB

Old 08-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #31
Weekend Camper

Silver Springs was very nice. We were at "R", at the East end of the pond. The first two units were already there, but only using 1/2 of the second quad. So, we pulled straight in leaving us a pond view and lots of room. It took about a half hour to figure out what to do after the 380 miles from Mackinaw City.

We all agree that Silver Springs is a keeper.

2009 GMC Sierra 1500

2012 Slingshot GT29BH
Old 08-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #32
Weekend Camper

Heading to Hidden Valley tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend all!

Dave

010 Zinger 32QB
Old 08-31-2011, 01:12 PM   #33
Full Time Camper

heading to Viking Village with 10 other units / friendsand familiesthat I grew up with.

'08 CF30QB

Old 09-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #34
Weekend Camper

We're off in a couple hours to Jellystone in Caledonia. Just a short drive to a relaxing weekend dodging golf carts. This one's for the kids.

Have a safe weekend everybody.

2009 GMC Sierra 1500

2012 Slingshot GT29BH
Old 05-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #35
Weekend Camper

Hey guys!

Heading anywhere good this year? Any new recommendations. Salda. I know I'm going to cross paths with you again sooner or later.

Going to start the booking process for the summer. Looking to see if I can get lucky enough to get in to Riverbend.

Have a great summer all!

Dave

010 Zinger 32QB
Old 05-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #36
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Dave,
I've been to Riverbend, it's got a lot for the kids to do. Nice pool, pond, fishing, on the river, restaurant, etc. I live in Beaver Dam, and my daughter lives in Watertown which is where Riverbend is. I just took my unit to Playful Goose in Horicon, WI only 10 miles from me. It used to be very nice, huge indoor pool but the father and mother gave it to the kids and they have let it run down. Only reason I go there is that I have friends and family that are there year round and it is right next to my home golf course Woodall's gives it 5's for ratings and I'd say they are right. I've never used the bath or shower facilities so I wouldn't know about that. But, for closeness it lets my daughter in Oshkosh and my daughter in Watertown all meet in one location and I get to enjoy all the grandkids.

Have a great weekend,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #37
Full Time Camper

We are heading back to Viking Village with the same group as last year for MM day and Labor day. We are also checking out Wisconsin Riverside Resort over the 4th. Just looking for places that are close to Kenosha are.

'08 CF30QB

Old 05-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #38
Weekend Camper

Got to check out Turkey Run for a day. Nice trails. I have relatives in Carmel so I can stay there and they can come visit.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Dave

010 Zinger 32QB
Old 05-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #39
Weekend Camper

Salda - Going to River Bend weekend of 8/17. Loooking to do Hidden Valley on the weekend of6/15.

Keep me posted and maybe we can get a bunch of folks from here to meet up in southern WI. Just don't mind that I'm a FIB.

Have a great summer!

Dave

010 Zinger 32QB
Old 05-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #40
Weekend Camper

We're just wrapping up the "Spring Special" at Pride of America in Pardeeville. Just about 20 minutes past Silver Springs. They charge 350 to camp from April 13 to May 20, and if you add Memorial day, you get the weekend after for free. So for a total of 500 bucks we're camping for 8 weekends. Includes a full hookup or free honey wagon service at the W/E sites.

The place was a blast for the kids. Now, after making it through my first year of dragging the metal box all over the place I noticed one thing that stands out about this campground and that is that the owners and staff are all into letting everyone have a good time. It's well-run and well kept.

Anyway, Road King, let us know how you like River Bend.

2009 GMC Sierra 1500

2012 Slingshot GT29BH