Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
New Camper

For our Washington Crossroad neighbors, we are planning a trip for next September in your state. We will be starting our trip in the Wenatchee area and wouldlike to do some camping in the Mount Ranier area on our way to the Hood Canal. Can you recommend some campgrounds with at least water and electricity that can accommodate a 30 ft fifth wheel? We would appreciate any suggestions. We love camping in your state (after Oregon, of course). Thanks for your help!

Salem, Oregon Cruiser owners, Jim and Sandy
renojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I will let the others chime in on the two areas you mentioned, however, if you are going to Mt St Helens area, "Brookhollow RV park" is a nice place and within a few miles of the St Helens visitor center. The park is locatedone mile fromexit 39 on I-5. That is where we stay when visiting the wifes parents place.

Other places to visit may include Leavenworth (just west of Wenatchee on hiway 2 I believe) or Deception Pass on Whidbey Island (I am biased cuz I live on the Island!), There's also a lot to do in Seattle but not sure where the campgrounds are. Enjoy your trip.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:07 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

We don't live in Washington state; however, we've been there and had a great trip. Check out Tacoma Power's Parks (tacomapower.com/parks). In 2007 we spent several nights at the Taidnapam Park and really enjoyed it. It is an easy drive from there to Mount Saint Helens and Mount Ranier.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I second tacoma Power Parks! We stay at Mayfield Lake every year. Mossyrock is just down the road from Mayfield and that is great too. Make sure youmake reservations though, they fill up in the summer months.
SCOT30BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:08 AM   #5
New Camper

Thanks to everyone that has given us information about camping in Washington. As of right now we are looking hard at Taidnapam Park. Others we are looking at are Mayfield Lake Park and Mossyrock Park. Thanks again for all the help.

Jim & Sandy
renojim is offline   Reply With Quote