Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

G'day all. Anyone familiar with 'Thousand Trails Zone Camping Pass'? Hope to be fulltiming soon and wonder if a club or pass type thing would be worth the money.Is anyone familiar with'RV Travel.com' and its' newsletter? Good stuff!!

Any input? Thanks!!

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Not sure what part of the country where you are located but we recently signed up for TT's zone pass for the northwest zone. We did it because the cost of camping at our state parks in Washington had gone up so much. Also, we previously had access to Western Horizons campgrounds thru my parents platinum membership butWHR have sold off several of their locations and haven't really kept up the rest the past few years, so were looking for an alternative. Our camping October thru April has usually been at state parks or WHR locations in the area.

We have been to a couple of the TT locations in Washington and have enjoyed our stay.I talked to the manager at the TTcampground we stayed at this past week and he saidEncore (the parent co.)was going to add some further "perks" to the zone pass program in the next few weeks. Someone from corporate was going to be in the region this week to outline the new details. So far we have been pleased with our stays at the TT locations. Several of them are previously Leisure Time Resorts locations that TT bought out a few years ago when LTR went under. With the current increase in the cost of fuel we haven't been to the locations in Oregon like we had originally planned but are making the most of their locations in Washington. Based on our plans for the year the zone pass will only cost us 25% of what we would have paid for state park camping this year. And that is considering that our camping from lateMay thru September is in the "dispersed camping" areasof the localNational forests where the camping is free anyway.

Of course I could be biased towards Thousand Trails. It wasfounded in Washington in the early 70's by Milton Kuolt. I went to school/church with his kids. It only took me 40 years to finally become a member...

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Thanks for the info, good stuff!Am in S.C at the moment,Playing phone tag with dealer in N.J. for info on a Rushmore that is on sale there ... Thanks

Old 04-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

You might want to look into coast to coast or passport america. I belong to travel resorts america (they only have 2 campgrounds but I got a coast to coast membership with it). Another one to check out would be camp club I have heard people talk about passport america and camp club but don't know a lot about them. Sorry this isn't more helpful.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
New Camper

Hi there. We are from Langley British Columbiaand most of our camping over the last 30 years has been in BC and around Washington State and a few trips through Arizona and California/Oregon. We recently bought into a Campground in California called Catalina Spa and RV resort in the Palm Springs area. We also bought a RPI (Resorts Parks International)membership and have used it a few times already out in Washington Stae and have found the campsites to be very beautiful and well appointed. RPI has parks throughout the US and Canada and all we have to do is call them or go online and make a reservation. It is that easy and we can make our whole years reservations in a matter of minutes. The network of RPI sites and affiliates is huge so we will never be without a campsite in whatever part of the States we are in. Hope this helps you out.

Cheers

LANGLEYMAN
Old 05-28-2011, 08:42 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Langleman, thanks a bunch, sounds good. anaro, I ended up with Passport America, so far I think it'll do the trick, thanks ...