Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #21
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT View Post
New Jersey governor announced that people that have shore properties that are not their main residence to stay home, for the same reasons that Lloyd listed in his post...Just earlier today a fellow rally member of mine called me to ask if I knew of any campgrounds along I 81 that are open for snowbirds that are traveling north to get back home (Canada)...
can the snow birds even cross back into Canada. I thought the border is closed to everyone but semi's delivering or picking up necessities
gmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:00 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

Pa State campgrounds

Just copied this from Pa state parks site
The public can access trails, lakes, roads, and parking for passive and dispersed recreation, such as hiking; however, all facilities at state parks and forests in Pennsylvania will be closed until April 30, 2020, to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

Closed facilities include:

Park and forest offices and visitor centers
Restrooms
Campgrounds, cabins, and all forms of overnight accommodations, including the Nature Inn
Public programs, events, and trainings are canceled
Jkhoff0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:57 PM   #23
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmartin View Post
can the snow birds even cross back into Canada. I thought the border is closed to everyone but semi's delivering or picking up necessities
Yes! Not closed to residents!
They can't leave again nor can non essential Americans cross into Canada.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:26 PM   #24
Weekend Camper

Lake in wood

Lake in wood campground in Narvon, PA is closed till atleast April 15. I was also notified by Holly Shores in Cape May, NJ they were closed till further notice.
CampBannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:53 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

This is Lake Wapello Stae Park in Iowa.

From the Park Staff:
ALL bathrooms have now been CLOSED until April 15. Signs have been posted on ones that are usually open in the off season.

Playgrounds remain OPEN, however, use your own discretion in reference to social-distancing, group size, and hygiene.

Picnic shelters are CLOSED through April 15.

Youth site is CLOSED through April 15.

Park Office is CLOSED to the public but staff are still available.

Campground is OPEN with restrictions. Only self-contained units allowed, since there are no restrooms. All camping will be first-come first-served until April 30, but prior reservations will still be honored. As with playgrounds use discretion in regards to group size, social-distancing, and hygiene. Shower buildings are tentatively scheduled to open April 15.

There will be a statewide reassessment next Friday, April 3 to determine future plans.
Wyldink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:48 PM   #26
Seasonal Camper

Well it was inevitable but Manitoba Parks Campgrounds have suspended booking until April 17. I doubt it will happen at all this year the way things are going.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:32 AM   #27
Seasonal Camper

My work was scheduled to take me to a jobsite 2 hours from home for approx. 5 months this summer, starting mid-may. Although my company pays for room and board when I travel, I found a campground about 10 miles from the site offering an incredibly good rate on a seasonal site, and I booked it in early January, before the Covid-19 hysteria hit. I figured I would be much more comfortable in my TT than in a hotel room, not to mention the added bonus. I made arrangements with my employer, and offered them a substantial deduction in lodging fees from the cheapest hotel in the area (50% less) The campground is charging me about 30%, so the other 20% goes in my pocket, along with my standard per-diem rate. Its a win-win for me. Im not excited about camping in the same spot all summer, we enjoy moving around, but heaven forbid this virus decides to hang around awhile, at least I'm getting my camping fix!!
I was concerned that the campground would be closed due to the virus, but they allowed me to bring the camper out Saturday and get it all set up. They will only allow seasonal rentals, and will be keeping an open site in between campers Until the virus breaks. Usual amenities are closed up, as far as restrooms, pool, laundry, ect, and the camp store will be doing curb-side service. They are currently not allowing camp visitors.
Funny sidenote: My neighbors across the street recently retired over the winter and bought a $100k motorhome. Frustrated that they may not get to use it this summer, last week they told me not to laugh at them if I see them camping in their yard. I told them there are 4 out of 8 of us on this street in the development with campers... If it came down to it, we could all schedule a weekend to camp in our yards, like a little block party! (while socially distancing, of course)
Old 04-27-2020, 05:26 PM   #28
Seasonal Camper

Just got word from the Governor..... Pa Campsites can open May 1st!
Old 04-28-2020, 09:41 AM   #29
New Camper

We live in Alberta, Canada where all Provincial and Municipal campgrounds have been closed until further notice. All Provincial Parks and Recreational Areas are closed to camping and vehicle traffic. These closures have been in effect for a few weeks already. I am not sure about privately run campground facilities in the province.
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote