Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hi, My name is steven Rees, and my family and I will be taking our first real camping trip in our new(to us) mk-33toy hauler. We will be camping at Spruce Lake RV Park. We live in arlington tx and will be taking two days for our traveling there and back. We plan on taking our dirt bikes with us for a couple of rides in the mountains. We also are planning on taking in as much of the park beauty as possible in the other 6 days of our trip.
My question is this---has anyone taken this trip already? Or does anyone have any tips or advise for us? we are rookies, and any help at all would be very much appreciated. Please feel free to help us out, No tip orhelp will be unappreciated. We are doing our homework so we have as few setbacks as possible. If you have traveled this road, or stayed in Estes Park, then you can help us out.
Thank You in advance for any response's

Steve, Darlene
Nick & Jake w/ Lucy the bodacious Beagle

2011 Chevy Siverado 2500w/Duramax Diesel

2013 Elevation 3612
stevenrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We were there about six years ago without an RV. It is a beautiful place with many wonderful sights to take in. Try to rent a boat on the lake for an hour or so of enjoyment.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Like artgpo, I was there about 10-years ago without RV. I would call the campground or maybethe visitors center for some information to be sent to you before the trip. If you get time and like TEA, stop in Boulder at the Celestial Seasonings plant and take the tour. You will LOVE IT. I would see if you can add a day or two on the trip up as the coors brewery in Golden is a neat stop, the Denver Mint is also worth the stop. Of course, you can't forget about Pikes Peak. They do have spots to park your RV before you make the drive up as they do not allow them on the road past the fee booth. Good luck and enjoy the trip. We are talking about taking the RV back in a few years ourselves...

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

great place and you might just see a few (hundred) elk,also as mentioned see pikes peak,and garden of gods also try the chuck wagon show there in colorado springsif you like music,like the sons of the pioneers.we have been there in 2006 and 2009 and will be going back 2012,it is my wife's second favorite place(rocky mount national pk)after yellowstone
joescuba is offline   Reply With Quote