Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Heading to NC first week of July, first leg ends between Indianapolis and Cincinnati, would prefer closer to Cinn....where are the Campgrounds ??? I've seen nothing in Frommers or AAA. Will be taking I 75 after Cinn but don't want to push it. Kentucky Horse park is nice but further than I care to go. I don't need anything fancy, 30 amps and a place to walk our 4 dogs. After coffee in the morning, kibbleand another walk I'll be heading out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

You can route your trip at www.trailerlifedirectory.com and the route will show Good Sam and other campgrounds.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I am pretty sure there are a couple of CGs just south of Cincinnati. I have never stayed in one but I have seen them passing through. There was a KOA called "cincinnati south" but I think they dropped the KOA affiliation but I am not sure. It is right off of 75 just south of Cincinnati. It is actually in Kentucky. There was another cg in that same area but I can't remember the name. It seems to me it was something about roses or rose garden? There is something close to the Ohio/Indiana line. Right where you would take 275 to bypass Cincinnati (I would suggest it unless it puts you past the cg) it seems to me there is a cg but if memory serves is is a little "sketchy" looking. I hope this helps. If I were at home I could be more helpful but we are in Acadia National Park right now and I can't access my Cincinnati info. Have a great trip!
Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Thanks Lonnie, for those of you that visit the "other site" I posted there after a couple days of little response, Indian Springs CG came up where 50 crosses 275, sounds like the place Lonnie mentioned. Looked decent on their site and the reviews were good. As long as I don't have to keep one eye opened while sleeping I'll be OK, I grew up an Urban Boy, it takes a lot to scare me Besides I have all these "Killer Cockers" to protect me. I'm traveling alone, sort of an experiment, with the dogs, I'm heading to Durham for a week then taking my Grandson to Nag'shead (Outerbanks) for a week, before heading home with a side trip to the Factory Rally. My wife is flying down for a week and a half then flying back home, gives us an extra 4 days of vac. Although I'm taking 3 days to drive the thousand miles each way. Should be interesting----I'm pumped---leaving July 6th. Thanks again Lonnie-as mentioned before this forum is great.
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:29 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

You might try Brookville, there is a state park there. I've never been there so I can't say if it's good or bad but most Indiana state parks are decent. It would be a bit north of 74 so not sure if that would work for you. There's not alot to choose from between Indy and Cincinatti.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:08 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Tom- Indian Springs CG sounds familiar but I don't remember for certain. The location is correct so that is probably it. If it is the one we have seen it looks safe enough, just not the nicest cg. There seemed to be a lot of "seasonal" campers is rough shape but for a stop over it would be fine I'm sure. Have a great trip!
Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote