Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2017, 06:17 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

New Brunswick Camping

Hi All,

We were thinking of heading up to New Brunswick this summer. Two reasons mostly. First, we've never been there. Second, looking for a place where the temperature is pleasant in July (Central NC can get a bit hot and humid).
If anyone has been up that way I'd like to hear some opinions about camp grounds or just general opinions of a nice town/area to go to.

Thanks!
Mike
nachtmsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:03 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

several years ago, we camped at three bears campground near Sussex, NB.
we visited the town of Sussex to see the murals on the buildings. very interesting.
I suggest you google the town and campground.
we did this on the way to Nova Scotia.
We also spent most of the time in Nova Scotia.
The town of Truro, Nova Scotia has many tree scultures..interesting.
If you are traveling Rte. 95, 695 and 83, we live in York, Pa. free overnight stay in our Driveway, w/ electric and water hookup. Shower available in house.
Give a call, as we may be camping, also.
717-843-2700 /717-515-3375
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Fundy Nat. Park is the favorite and up the coast is Picture Rocks, best place to appreciate tidal changes. There is a commercial CG 1/2 mile away so you can visit the park at low and high tide. Walk among the rocks and caves at low tide, view the rock islands at high tide. If you camp near Perth-Andover, eat at York's, best in NB. And if you want remote and un crowded camp at Mt. Carleton PP, very few out of Provience visitors.
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

It depends on what part of the province you are visiting. We visited in 2013 and really enjoyed the south. Fundy National Park is beautiful with lots of sites, an amphitheatre and oceanside pool. The small town of Alma nearby is great for seafood.
You can stop at St Andrews by the sea for more great food and amazing view of the tides. The campground is ocean side.
There is a small provincial park called New River Beach as well that has a beautiful beach.
Hope you have a good visit.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:48 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Thanks everyone. I didn't have any particular area in mind, so anyplace that comes recommended is something I am going to check out.

Seabee -- Thanks very much for your generous offer! I don't know our route yet but I will definitely keep your offer in mind and let you know if we need a spot to stop over.
Mike
nachtmsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:50 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Mike,
2 additional sites you may wish to see are the new bridge over the Pronobscot river, located on RTE 1 in Maine and go up the tower to see a nice view. Next to the bridge is the original Fort Knox. The fort is not just a ruin, pile of stone. It has been preserved and shows officers' quarters, cannon mounts, etc.
Worth a google to get additional info.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote