Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Stay away from this campground!

Ajax Country Livin' RV Park in Ajax, Louisiana
I pulled up at 9 PM with my wife and 2 daughters. Read the board and drove to a spot. A man came over who reeked of alcohol and asked me if I paid. I said no I want to use a credit card. He said no cards cash or check and he wants me to pay tonight and walks away. I walk to the box fill out the form and drop my $30 in. He comes back and asked what's going on an why my family is still in the truck. I advise him my girls are watching a movie and my wife is on the phone. Then he tells me " What part of come to the office did you not understand." RUDE! I correct him and say " you said you wanted me to pay tonight. Then I tell him I already paid the money is in the box. He still wants me to go to the office. As we are walking I tell him I've been traveling all over the U.S. and never had to do this in the middle of the night. He then says "Are you from this country" RUDE again! I tell him I am and I'm a Marine. He sarcastically says "Well Thank You For Your Service" I took my money and left.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:18 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Bert
Sorry to hear about your not so good experience...Did you see or have to deal with that man the next day.??? If so was he still rude.??? How long did you stay at Ajax, did you leave the next morning.??? How would you rate the campground OTHER than your experience with that man, was it nice, so so, or bad.???

The reason I ask is, I think you might have caught this man at a bad moment...Not making an excuse for his behavior, because a customer should always be treated with respect...

Lastly...Thank you for your service Marine...Semper Fi
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience at this park because we have stayed there several times with just the opposite experience. We have always been treated well and greeted with a smile. Not sure what is going on there now unless ownership has changed.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:55 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

My first response as I pulled my keys out to leave and my cell phone out to record it would be
"Do you OWN this campground?"

If we had known you were going there we could have suggested a few better places...
Miss Ellie's for just a stop over,
Tall Pines(Now Shreveport-Bossier KOA ) we just stayed there this weekend
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:12 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Ajax Country Livin' RV Park in Ajax, Louisiana
I pulled up at 9 PM with my wife and 2 daughters. Read the board and drove to a spot. A man came over who reeked of alcohol and asked me if I paid. I said no I want to use a credit card. He said no cards cash or check and he wants me to pay tonight and walks away. I walk to the box fill out the form and drop my $30 in. He comes back and asked what's going on an why my family is still in the truck. I advise him my girls are watching a movie and my wife is on the phone. Then he tells me " What part of come to the office did you not understand." RUDE! I correct him and say " you said you wanted me to pay tonight. Then I tell him I already paid the money is in the box. He still wants me to go to the office. As we are walking I tell him I've been traveling all over the U.S. and never had to do this in the middle of the night. He then says "Are you from this country" RUDE again! I tell him I am and I'm a Marine. He sarcastically says "Well Thank You For Your Service" I took my money and left.
Well I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. I do however give you kudos for leaving. I get that some campgrounds do in fact have issues with those that come in late and leave early and avoid paying all together. That being said, there is no reason what so ever to be rude. Unfortunately it is often the honest that get caught up in it. And by the way, Thanks for your service.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:19 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT View Post
Bert
Sorry to hear about your not so good experience...Did you see or have to deal with that man the next day.??? If so was he still rude.??? How long did you stay at Ajax, did you leave the next morning.??? How would you rate the campground OTHER than your experience with that man, was it nice, so so, or bad.???

The reason I ask is, I think you might have caught this man at a bad moment...Not making an excuse for his behavior, because a customer should always be treated with respect...

Lastly...Thank you for your service Marine...Semper Fi
We left immidately that night. Fortunately a few miles down the road we found a Good Sam RV park that was great. It was weird from the moment he walked up. Once he saw that I paid he should have changed his tune. He was also half in the bag (nothing wrong with that it was 9pm). I can only imagine how many people try to camp and dash. But it's not like I pulled up in a Sanford and Son truck and TT.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:58 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

I have seen the camp and dash. We were at a very nice COE campground and had a camper pull in across from us about 10:30 at night. Got up in the morning and they were GONE.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:58 AM   #8
New Camper

Well, sometimes it happens. It is a life. But rudeness always leaves negative feelings..

By the way, my sister lives in Ajax, Louisiana.
alexander_456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:34 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Hope you have much better luck from here on out!

Thank YOU for your service to this country. My family and I are grateful!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #10
Seasonal Camper

I see you posted on RV Parky. Thanks for doing that. You might consider hitting campgroundreviews.com also.

Looks like from the reviews on there it is hit and miss. Some seemed to love it while others and you thought it was the bottom of the barrel.

Maybe the good reviews got there before he got drunk?

Better luck next time.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote