Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2020, 06:34 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Who else is booking trips for this summer?

Booked 6 nights in the Smokey's for the second week of July at this total Glamping location...really excited, but not without some anxiety as well...

https://theridgeoutdoorresort.com

Thought for a few minutes about leaving the trailer behind and trying one of those tents!

Will be our first trip to the National Park.

Of course, a lot can happen between now and then...
blkdth1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:54 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I have 2 weeks booked for our favourite place in Ontario, Canada. For Ontario we have to book 5 months in advance so booking was done Mid March. Currently campgrounds are closed due to covid19 until May 31st and further announcements will be made by then. Bookings for Manitoba campgrounds opened up again May 4th.
I sure hope that does not get cancelled as we also have a ban on travel north of the 53rd parallel. I do a lot of fishing up north.
Not much we can do but wait and hope for promising announcements.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

We're going to Garden of the Gods (Colorado Springs) this weekend as a shake-down trip. (We bought our camper just two months ago and I've spent the last few weeks doing some upgrades and mods, including a solar install.) We'll be self-contained and isolated, and don't plan to go anywhere public.

After that we're going to Corpus Christi the 1st week of June to get some beach time. It's our 10-yr anniversary and we had planned to go to Cancun to celebrate but canceled that due to COVID. 1st-world-problems, I know..

We haven't made any plans later in the summer but will almost certainly take at least 1-2 more trips. We had a Pacific Northwest 2-month loop in mind that we probably won't do as originally planned, but may try some modified version of it.

Once fall comes around I'll be in Northwest Colorado twice hunting, once for archery season and once for Rifle 1 for elk. Don't know the dates yet because we're waiting to see what tags we draw.

I'm sure we'll get in at least another trip or two as well. It's going to be a busy year!
backcountrycamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:37 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

We’re leaving on the 26th for two weeks at Hatteras (OBX) NC.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:57 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
Heading out this weekend to Lake George area then local for the month of June then off to Indiana, Iowa and Minnesota for 2 weeks in July.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

st.rodder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:45 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdth1313 View Post
Booked 6 nights in the Smokey's for the second week of July at this total Glamping location...really excited, but not without some anxiety as well...

https://theridgeoutdoorresort.com...
Scott & Phyllis
I google earth this place and it said connect church and didn't look anything like the website must be very new...Web site looks great though will have to try it next time we are in Tenn...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:24 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

We have trips

We have trips planned every two weeks through the end of September. We are in Colorado and stay mostly at the State parks. We had two canceled so far.

We leave Thursday for a week shake down trip at Chatfield Lake State Park.

Only one out of state trip to Nebraska in mid September.

I’ve said many times that RV campers are great at social distancing.
kickerfour1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:00 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

We already camped most of the month of April. Very serene and quiet at the campground. We have plans for the middle of June for at least 2 weeks.
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:29 PM   #9
New Camper

Leaving in 2 weeks for Ruidoso. Have June and July booked at an RV park there. Planning another trip to Ohio in Sept-Oct. Avoiding national and state parks for now, as some are closed.
mowingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:56 AM   #10
Gone Traveling

I wasn't willing to go for off-road trips after lockdown, but my kids are eager to go for a trip in the mid or end of July. We have started our preparations and preparing our RV by following this guide. I am also disinfecting the entire interior and exterior my vehicle. It is taking time, but as kids would be with us, that's why I don't want to take any risk.

By the way, what you guys did or include in RV preparations for summer after COVID? I am just willing to know your ideas, and yes, for sure, I will consider your suggestions. I am feeling much happy and relaxed that we would go for camping. Off-road camping and spending summer nights in national parks and hill stations is my all-time favourite.
Remedios_Sharrock is offline   Reply With Quote