Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Anyone RV'd here during August - mid October?

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

We have been there twice in late August and this seems to be a good time to go if crowds are an issue for you. However it will still be very busy!! The only thing about late summer is the forest or brush fires that get started in dry seasons and burn for weeks. The magnificant views will be ruined and the whole experience is less than what it could be. On all two of our 3 western adventures smoke was an issue and in 2000 we were turned back from heading to Glacier so spent more time in Yellowstone. So stay informed of the forest fires and be aware it can be an issue not only for your safety but also your view!!
Pull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

We are there mostly the end of May into June,But we were cg host inSept into Nov & really enjoyed it,You cansee alot of Grizzley & Black bears this time of the year,Can be cool & snow but we like it.Like Pull Dog said alot less people.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:35 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
We were there opening weekend the last week in April and it was awesome! Just about had the place to ourselves. Not all roads were open but there was plenty to see and do.

2003 Beaver Marquis

formerly 2004 Silverado

two ragdolls, Flash and Bandit
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #5
Site Team

I agree with all that was posted previous.
We were there the first part of Sept. Not crowded at all. It could be a little cool in the morning, but all in all we thought it was a nice time to be there.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I am planning to go in late June ... I am a little worried abut the snow over going later in the summer. Places to stay in Jackson Hole and thinking about staying in West Yellowstone (need the hook ups) and that seems to closer to the Ole faithful. I am still watching of places to visit in the area of that three state area.

any help, thanks
george

Old 02-08-2010, 01:30 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

You have to remember that Yellowstone only has two seasons, Winter and July. We were there in mid August last summer and got snowed going over one of higher passes.It wasn't sticking but it was coming down pretty hard. The weather was wet and chilly while we were there, and of course it was clear and sunny and 70 the day we were leaving. We still had a great time, just make sure you take some wet and cold weather gear.

Also, if you need hookups there is a RV park in the park at Fishing Bridge that has hookups. (Get your reservations early...)

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rawberry-1.jpg
rock1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:00 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

We were there in July last year the traffic and road construction was very time consuming,but we really thought it was a great place to visit. We stayed at Yellowstone Edge Camp Ground north of Gardner,and we would recomend it highly.

07 sunset trail 29rl

05 dodge quad cab hemi
laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Fishing Bridge announce they will not have elec this coming camping season.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

We are going there in mid June. This is our first time. Can't wait.

SCOT30BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

We are going to Yellowstone and will be working in one of the stores for a couple of months. A friend of ours told us about the opportunity. Over 50% of the seasonal help are seniors. A full hookup RV spot is provided for a small monthly fee. We'll be at Old Faithful. This seems like a great opportunity to spend some time in a beautiful place.Edited by: artgpo

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

My parents did the Workamper thing at Yellowstone a couple of years ago and had the time of their lives. They had enough time off to really explore the parkyet still covered their expenses while working.

When we went to Yellowstone a couple of years ago it was in late June. The EastYellowstone Bison herd was migrating/gathering in a meadow near Yellowstone falls and it was incredible to see. We were stopped on the road ashundreds of Bison came out of the forest, swam across the river and crossed the road. They were passing on either side of our truck while our kids watched out the windows. We took hundreds of photos that afternoon...

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
The KOA in Jackson Hole is really a pretty campground. Get your reservations in early. Explore Teton and Jackson Hole for a few days and then camp over on the Idaho or Montana side and explore Yellowstone from there. You will not be disappointed.....

2003 Beaver Marquis

formerly 2004 Silverado

two ragdolls, Flash and Bandit
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:14 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Stayed in the town of West Yellowstone just 1/2 mile from west ent. to park. We are senior and have the Park Pass so going in and out was ok as we did not have to pay. Nice little town with lots of shops etc. CG had full hook ups and was very clean. You will do a lot of driving to see everything but well worth the time. Spent 6 days in Yellowstone the second week of July 2009. Have fun.
Robbie Ribbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:14 AM   #15
New Camper

Make sure while you are there, you make it over to Island Park, Idaho for some world class Trout fishing. There are plenty of CG with hookups in that area, and it is only about 45 min from the park. I grew up about 3 hours from the park and spent a lot of summers in Island Park and Yellowstone, and I have seen it snow there in July ! It is very beautiful country and I wish I still lived closer so I could enjoy it more often!

Enjoy your trip, and remember "Do not laugh at the natives"

Sign on US26 outside Idaho Falls on the way to Jackson Hole!

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/img]

2010 Zinger ZT25RK

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD
ID Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

Yes they did, they called us and warned us....and are allowing campers with generators....we are still going end June but will be interesting, figured we will be out and about most of the time!

08 Sunset Trail 31BH

02 2500HD
WAstateKingKampers is offline   Reply With Quote