Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Wife and me to complete 50 years of marriage Aug. 10, and planning a 2 month trip with her sister/brother in law in their new unit. We have not been out with our rig for a while so I am getting it ready. Plan on going to a wedding in Lake Charles La. on Aug. 17, and staying in Vinton La. for about a week then going east on I-10 to NO, Pam. Breach City, Fl., Jacksonville Fl, then North to DC. on some coast hi way. Have not been in most of these areas so looking for any info or suggestion. After DC will head to Daughters house in Pits. but not sure yet the route to PIT. After Pit then to Indy to see Race track and back home again in via I-70 to NW Mo. around the first part of Oct. My direct e-mail is robbiecarol@yahoo.com so if you have any suggestions or ideas please let me know. We do not have a time skd as we will just do our thing but should be in NO sometime around Labor day.

Thanks and can be contacted via cell 816-872-4404

Robbie
Robbie Ribbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

One suggestion if you don't have one. Get an RV specific GPS. I have the Rand McNally. I have found it to be great for finding campgrounds among other things. We usually run 250-400 mi per day when traveling and when we start getting ready to stop we pull out the GPS. Ask it for campgrounds around our location and it gives a list with direction, miles, and contact info. We pick one we like, call, and make sure there is an opening, reserve it and tell the GPS to route us. No muss, fuss, or worries about a stopping spot. Just remember most offices close 5-6PM so call before then. We usually quit around 3-4PM.

Just remember it doesn't have all the campgrounds, just the better known/larger ones(Woodall rated and KOA's mainly). Ask a local person for other options.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

going north from DC you cant take propane thru Baltimore tunnels (95 or 895). you need to take key bridge or go around on 695 (Baltimore beltway). Coming up from FL to DC go straight up 95. Some suggestions for a quick overnight stop are Pedro's campground at south of the border (In SC Near SC/NC line). also RV resort at Carolina crossroads in Roanoke rapids nc.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote