Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2009, 02:47 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

We are working on planning our "big" trip for this summer. We are getting a late startbut we weren't sure what was going to happen with a potential job my wife was interested in. We thought they might be interviewing during June but instead they did interiews last week and my DW got the job!So now we know when we can leave and we can even afford to splurge a little. New England is on our "short list". Acadia National Park would be a definite destination. Past that we are wide open. Any suggestions for things to do and see and CGs in New England would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:29 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Not sure how old the kids are, but we went to Storyland in NH last summer. There is a campground right next to it with a small playground and pool. Decent CG, but the location to Storyland was great.

Have: 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
croberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:26 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

what ages are the kids lots of great places for smaller kids - Storyland, Santa's Village

GREAT CAMPGROUNDS - Danforth Bay http://www.danforthbay.com/, Chocora Camping Village http://www.chocoruacamping.com/these are in the mountains past Meredith sort of off the beaten path but both great places. If u want closer try http://www.hhcamp.com/located in Meredith NH close to everything in the mountains. Last favorite located on the other side on Lincoln NH http://www.franstedcampground.com/

well those are my fav's let me know kids/itinerary/time frame/activities interested in & I can help more

been camping there for 30 years

11 Ram 2500 - Green Machine - retired
16 Chevy 2500 - Bone Crusher - the dark side
08 CR Zinger 30BH - Zing 1
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I will echo what Vader said. Danforth Bay, Littleton KOA, Glenn Ellis and other's are all near the White Mountian area. I like Maine camping but to be honest, I prefer camping in NH as the White Mountian area has the beauty AND attractions that the wife, kids and I love.

Not to mention, tax free shopping in NH and generally a more friendly attitude towards campers. There is a on-going thread about Maine's attempt's to ban any and all parking at shopping centers to rest/overnight in a pinch. Since this is supported by the Maine Camground Association I can only suggest that you stay in NH where there motto is "Live Free or Die" and they welcome camper's with big, wide open arms.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Hi Lonnie,
We are planning to start our 5 months 2009 summer trip in Mid June.
Here is a route we plan to do

If you send me your cell phone we might get together.
How if your father doing?
Happy trails.

CF29CK 2006

F-350 2006

https://danyshula.blogspot.com//
danyshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

You have planed one great trip,I agree with most here N.H. is nicer than Maine. Meredith is the best part of the state for camping and kids. Route 90 you picked to get across NY is the most expensive route to travel towing a 5er. if I could find a nother way I would. They charge a higher rate for 5ers because they are over 10 ft. highCheck out ny state thruway web site for fees. Enjoy your trip and hope to see you in New England.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Lonnie, plan to visit Fort Knox and Penobscot narrows bridge and observatory.

[google it for information].

Walt
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:21 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

We stayed at at the Littleton NH KOA and toured the area two years ago. It was a good basecamp for Mt. Washington and the White Mountians area. We also stayed at the Boston Minuteman campground while visiting Boston. We highly recomend this campground and the city of Boston. We parked at a subway station and road the 'charlie' into town. Great history for the kids.

Hope you have a great trip.

Grandchildren

Not Enough Time
RCDCTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Thanks for everyones input! The kids are 11 and 6 so while they enjoy sightseeing,biking and hiking they also need some "fun stuff" sprinkled in!

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

at that age I would pick Danforth Bay they have tons of activities to do at the campground - 2 big pools, hot tub, rec room, small lake that attaches to larger, boat, kayak, paddle boat rentals - great place to stay a week/weekend & not leave the campground.

Chocorua Camping village KOA is a great outdoor place - on the water, great little hiking trails, small pool, activities.

both excellent choices - let me know if you have any questions or concerns I would be more than happy to help.

wish you on a great trip

11 Ram 2500 - Green Machine - retired
16 Chevy 2500 - Bone Crusher - the dark side
08 CR Zinger 30BH - Zing 1
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #11
ted
Weekend Camper

There is a lot of history in mass with Plymouth and Boston not to far apart form each other.You haveCape Cod and the wale watching is fun. NH is awsome too. along with Main. if You come this way we stay at PineWood Lodge in Plymouth. Ted & Kathy 617 590 3299. You have the freadom trail and the USS Constaution in Boston. The Mayflower and Plymouth Plantation in Plymouth.

Stoughton Mass
ted is offline   Reply With Quote