Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
New Camper

Planning a trip to Niagara Falls in the summer. Anyone have a suggestion on a great campground. My wife and I have 2 teenage daughters and one that will be 8.

ahmiller7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham
We stayed at a Grand Island KOA last summer for a weekend. About 15-20 minutes to the falls. Did not spend any time at the campground so I can't speak too much to that, but I do remember that they had a movie one night. The drive to the falls was pretty easy from there.

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

We stayed at the Lewiston/North KOA. I would never go back there again. The grassy part of the site is lower that the gravel pad for the camper. We were with two other families and all of our sites were under water with some rain. The drainage is brutal. When I got stuck and my BIL pulled us out, the owner asked us to fix the ruts by leaving a tamper at the site. My BIL asked about moving sites because of the water and the guy at the desk gave him a pump and some hose to pump out the site, no more help. Many of the sites were underwater. Between the three families, there were 8 kids and the water and mud made things challenging.

Another family was telling us that someone's camper had been broken into during their stay. The one night we were outside by the fire, a group of three/four came in looking for a tent site. They came up to our site inquiring. We had no reponse. Not sure if they had just come in or had a reservation, but there was no one there and no security gate or pavilion, just come right in.

Playground OK, but not for an 8 yo. Pool also OK, but definitely not great as you are looking for. If you find one, please post it here!!Edited by: croberts

Have: 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
croberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Hi Ahmiller,

As you know Niagara Falls is located between New York and Ontario. Therefore i found some camping places, which are near to Niagara Falls. One in New York and second in Ontario:

- Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
- Niagara Falls KOA Campground (3 miles directly west of the actual falls in Niagara Falls)

These would be better for you.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:18 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I grew up in Niagara falls Canada and would recommend King Waldorf's which belongs to Marineland on the Canadian side. Niagare Falls KOA is also very good, stay away from Shalamar Lake it is a dump and the owners treat people terribly!!!

Good Luck

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Just visited KOA on Grand Island this month and was very clean and nice folks running it. Wood was pricey, but pull thru super lots were great. Roomy and campsites clean. Just a short drive over the bride to the falls area, but you have to pay toll on the return trip. They offer you a package deal at the campground for the local stuff, but we choose to do things on our own. Visit Ft. Niagara just a 20-25 min drive north. It was cool morning on our trip in June and we ended up with sweatshirts for gifts because of the cooler temps. I would recommend to visit the other side if you have passports, we did not have them so we stayed on the US side. Enjoy your trip.

Duncan & Chelsea (Scotty Dogs)

Williamsburg, VA

2009 Dodge 3500 DRW QC 6.7L

2007 PP PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Virginia RVers is offline   Reply With Quote