Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2016, 07:43 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Spring time trip

Our first long trip in a TT started on March 20th, leaving Nashville TN to Mongomery AL South Campgrounds. Very nice host and very highway accessable campground. The next day we arrived at Navarre Beach FL campground with an ocean sound site hanging over the water, spent nine days there and started toward Emerald Isle Holiday RV park, NC. Stopped overnight at Lake City FL and palmetto shores, SC before arriving at Holiday RV park.spent 15 days so far here and will leave Sunday to travel back to Nashville. It's been a great trip so far, not one bad comment to make, camper has performed flawlessley. I am truly enjoying my Crossroad and the freedom it brings my wife and i
Madow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

That sounds great Madow. We are preparing our first extended trip in a TT. We are leaving N California, going through Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado and Kansas. Then returning through S. Dakota and Idaho. The stops will include Zion and Bryce National parks, Durango and Dodge City, Mt Rushmore, and hopefully Yellowstone. Not sure what to expect, but we are as ready as possible with everything in order. Hope we enjoy it as much as you guys!
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
That sounds great Madow. We are preparing our first extended trip in a TT. We are leaving N California, going through Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado and Kansas. Then returning through S. Dakota and Idaho. The stops will include Zion and Bryce National parks, Durango and Dodge City, Mt Rushmore, and hopefully Yellowstone. Not sure what to expect, but we are as ready as possible with everything in order. Hope we enjoy it as much as you guys!
Sounds like a great trip.

Are you going through Four Corners? If so, I recommend spending a day taking the Navajo jeep trip through Canyon de Chelly in north eastern Arizona. Other great spots near Four Corners are Monument Valley in Utah and Mesa Verde in Colorado. And the Four Corners monument itself is something everyone should see. Budget some time to browse through the stuff they have for sale there. It's pretty touristy, but there are some real treasures at those stands.

How much time do you have for your trip?
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Thanks Dave for those suggestions. We do intend on going to Four Corners and Mesa Verde. The wife is looking into the others now also. We have about five weeks, can do six if needed, depending on budget tally...the real reason for the trip in this direction was to see a brother I haven't seen in a long time, but we also wanted to see parts of U.S., which of course is why we purchased this TT.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:19 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

5-6 weeks sounds heavenly.
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote