Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2016, 11:50 AM   #1
New Camper

'15 Rushmore Springfield

Hey everyone! I just purchased a brand new Springfield. It's absolutely gorgeous inside and out.

The fit and finish is amazing, and the only thing I've found was the hallway light switch was installed upside down..easy fix, and the shower surround hadn't been caulked so it leaked a little..another easy fix.

Have a question though..in the UDC there's the fresh tank fill, city water connection, and the black tank flush going left to right. Just above the black tank flush inlet, there's an unmarked switch. What's it for? I installed a water alarm in behind the connection center and it appears the switch is connected, but I was unable to trace where exactly the wires go.
I'll snap a pic if need be, but hoping one of you may know what it's for. Nothing in any of my owners manual or paperwork describes much about this v-shaped docking center aside from the usual stuff.
Thanks
locoengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:03 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I have the same trailer and I believe you are talking about the water pump switch. (Mine is labeled.) The outside switch makes it easier to turn the pump on and off when winterizing with RV anti-freeze.
gepaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #3
New Camper

Thanks for the quick reply! Never even thought of that. I drained my fresh water tank when I got into my site. When I get home, I'll add a couple gallons and give it a shot.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:10 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Congratulations to a fellow Springfield owner....welcome to the club.

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:43 PM   #5
New Camper

Thanks! So far this thing has exceeded my expectations for built quality and finish.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:02 AM   #6
New Camper

Just a note, check all wiring in battery compartment, actually pull on all the sta kons connections. Most of mine were loose! Most of the tv coax connectors were also N G. 2015 springfield, I thought I had the only one in captivity!!
rimoskeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:59 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

I will need to double check that on mine, but I am pretty sure I went through everything after we brought it home, as I had done the same to our 2009 Cruiser Travel Trailer. Only found one loose water connection on that one behind the shower. Just did over 1000-mile trip to kansas and back...almost lost the bedroom slide awning due to the 40+mph wind which was amplified by passing trucks that caused it to unroll a turn or two. I was lucky enough to catch it in time and manually pull out the awning and reset the roll accordingly. Had one tire slip a belt, but I caught that in time at a rest stop check before the tire committed suicide. SO, now this weekend we are installing Goodyear G614 tires before our second big trip up north in a few months.

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:58 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamar View Post
I will need to double check that on mine, but I am pretty sure I went through everything after we brought it home, as I had done the same to our 2009 Cruiser Travel Trailer. Only found one loose water connection on that one behind the shower. Just did over 1000-mile trip to kansas and back...almost lost the bedroom slide awning due to the 40+mph wind which was amplified by passing trucks that caused it to unroll a turn or two. I was lucky enough to catch it in time and manually pull out the awning and reset the roll accordingly. Had one tire slip a belt, but I caught that in time at a rest stop check before the tire committed suicide. SO, now this weekend we are installing Goodyear G614 tires before our second big trip up north in a few months.
Recommend you check that the adjustment of the anti-billow device on the slide awning is set correctly. I think our bedroom topper was incorrectly adjusted allowing the topper to unfurl (billow) during high head winds resulting in it becoming shredded.