Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2016, 10:40 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Question 2012 Rushmore Lincoln slide leaks when closed

We're just about pulling our hair out trying to figure out how to seal the living room slide so rain water doesn't leak in. It leaks in at the top only when it's closed and runs down the sides !! Any ideas?? Standing on a ladder looking at the top looks like it comes in tight enough - this is the only slide that didn't have new tracks put on it. DUH !!! 2013 !!!

We love our Lincoln and the only thing we would trade it for would be a newer one with better slides - - but we're trying to just work out the bugs !!
ajattwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Hydraulic? Schwintek? Sounds to me like either the bulb seal is bad, or it needs to close tighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:01 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Schwintek - electric - - can't close any tighter - - read somewhere else that the top seal might have come out of the track. My husband looked at it but thought it would be fairly visible if it had - - will take a closer look at that - kind of makes sense as to what's happening. Thanks for your reply.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

We have the 2012 38CK. Our BR slide is Schwintec, and it has the same type seals as our hydraulic slides. The bulb does slide in a track on the wiper base. IIRC, that bulb is available in different sizes. Might look at AP Products and see if a bigger bulb is available. Think our BR uses the 3/4" bulb. We have had just about all of ours replaced.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:57 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks very much Will. My husband has already said that he thought the rubber needed to be replaced on that slide - it got messed up when they had to change the motors and he doesn't think they put them back the right way. We will look into that
Old 06-21-2016, 06:08 PM   #6
Gone Traveling

Try syncing the slide, run it out about 3" & back in 3-4 times holding the button 3-5 seconds after its in all the way each time, this syncs the motors & insures it comes in squarely. Be sure when extending/retracting to hold the button 3-5 seconds when fully in or out.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Mine has a bunch of small bubbles at the lower part of my wall by the fridges. On the left side of the tv. I have the Lincoln all so. Some where water is getting in but only noticed it after it was stored for the winter.
vacationer is offline   Reply With Quote