Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
New Camper

We purchased our 1st and last 2013 Rushmore in April 2013. We have had nothing but problems and has been back at the dealer (Camping World) 6 times. Every time we go camping, something else breaks. Two weeks ago the microwave was falling off the wall. They had to remove the double door refrigerator, brace the cupboard and put it back in. The dvd player now only show movies in black and white. The cupboard door had to have another clasp on the bottom so the door shut properly, skylight in bathroom replaced 3 times for condensation. Oh yeah, KEYLESS ENTRY, what a joke, has not worked even before we brought the trailer home. They sent us $100 for the inconvenience, WOW. Camping World in Hamburg NY is doing their best to correct these problems, but no one gets any answers back from Crossroads. I want to get rid of this RV real soon, nothing but headaches, and this is not our 1st RV- we have had many. We should have kept our Cedar Creek.
stieg76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

They look good if you don't move them. That is not why anyone buys an rv. Cr is killing themselve whit this bull@#&*.
Sorry to hear of your problems. Maybe best to get rid of it hopefully CW will work with you.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Sorry to hear about your issues. You didn't mention whether it was all covered by warranty. I suggest you call CrossRoads yourself if your dealer isn't getting any answers. Skylight repair sounds more like a dealer issue when they fixed it and that is why they would be having trouble getting responses from CrossRoads if they have put in two and it still had condensation.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
New Camper

Yes all the things wrong are covered by the warranty. We are having a meeting with CW to straighten things out. I called CR and they never return calls or reply to posts on Facebook. The only time they reply on FB is when you write something positive. You should not have to pay top price for these things and have things go wrong, we have been camping for 30 years.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

many here have found that after the dealer supposedly got nowhere with crossroads, calling crossroads customer service themselves got things taken care of. Ont email them as it seems CR customer support doesn't answer emails but they do apparently answer the phone. Do a search on here for recent posts and best numbers/names to use for contacts. Best of luck to you.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I don't do FaceBook or any social networking for that matter but from what I have seen that would be the best place to hurt them with negative feedback along with rv.net and others. That seems to be where they put all their attention now because it is not on this forum. The Rushmore line has been plagued with issues and they just don't seem to be getting any better.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

We have a few problems ourselves. Of course, our lack of a dealer (they are a joke) contributes to our frustration. However, I have had no problem talking to CR customer service. I called and spoke with Ron just a few days ago.

To the OP.....if you want the keyless entry to work, find the thread I posted on the entry system. Southco is very good to work with. They apparently had a problem with the keypads on the Rushmore line eating batteries, but sent me a new keypad and keyfob free of charge. It is a pretty simple procedure to install and mate the new keypad. This was after our "dealer" simply refused to do anything with the system.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
New Camper

We are not having a problem with dealer- (Camping World). They are the ones trying to get the keyless entry to work. I could care less if I have it now. We sat with the General Mgr. today and had a real good conversation about our unit. we are going to see if he gets any satisfaction from Crossroads