Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Does anyone that has the Rushmore Lincoln with 2 refers have 2 different refers? One of ours is a Norcold digital and the other is Norcold manual switches, one of the refers fan runs real loud almost sounds like a generator kicking on. Not sure if 1 was replaced at dealer.

LR air conditioner is rumbling and shaking when turning on.

Holding tanks leaking again

Leveling jacks loosen after a couple days, have to re-level to firm things up every several days.

Cabinet hinges coming off on cupboards.

I agree on comments made about quality control has gone out the window, so disappointed with quality of workmanship for how much we pay for these coaches. We are afraid to take it on a trip for fear something else will rattle loose.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Also forgot to mention converter is real loud, when we turn on any lights the converter kicks on and sounds like fan hitting the floor, the more lights we turn on the louder it gets as if its going to take off. Wondering if we put a bigger converter would that fix the issue.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I will not say what I really want to because I will be accused of speaking negative about Crossroads. I will say I hope you get the issues with your new unit taken care of quickly and to your satisfaction. We have been through what you are going through with our unit and it really ruins the RVing experience.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I have a rumbling, vibrating Dometic ac too. Hoping there will be a rep at the rally.
The converter is fan cooled i believe, our fan runs faster with the increased load on it. Maybe the fan has something hitting on it? Should be easy to see if you remove the cover? Watch for 120volt wires when you are in there. Can't help with the other issues.
Good luck, Peter
Old 06-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Hi Jim & Steph, We are so sorry you're dealing with so much!! Our refers are both the same. We do not (so far) have any issues with our converter, and what your describing with everything else seems to be incompetentservice repair? If CR approved your warranty issues and you're still dealing with them, were the repairscompleted correctly? Here are the issues we have dealt with so far:
To Fix~
Kitchen Slide/Slide Roof Damage(realign/recalibrate motors), Front TV Slide(clicks while extending and retracting),
AC Ductwork in living room(possibly change out to a 15000 BTU),
Reset Auto Leveling System(thinks it's level but it's not),
Refinish interior trim work around front wind,
Living room TV(skips going up and down),
Hole in front exterior compartment needed welding and painting,
No sound from outside speakers,
Calk bubbling up around shower ski light on roof,
Bedroom light out,
Stove spark doesn't light burners(smell gas, doesn't light)
To Replace(small~
Rushmore decals(large R and stripe),
Panel in left freezer door(scratch),
Folding chair(chip out of leg),
Wooden dowel peg in railing,
Screws for curtain rods(check all windows)
As you can see, these are nothing as extensive as you and others have experienced. We want toput some miles on this year, so we hope these aren'tthings we will be dealing with in the future. Mike & Robyn
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:50 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I own a 2014 Lincoln, the 2 refrigerators are different, also with previous post, we have had several problems also, cabinet doors fall off and almost hit you, a/c will not come thru vents properly, slide quit working, skylight in b/room all buckled up, by the time I complete my list, I think I will have free storage in the service dept. this fall. I am also not sure how long I will own this one, I think we might check on Lemon Law.
RICK7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:54 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Also, I contacted Crossroads, They can't tell me if I have a water filter, I cannot locate one but my pressure is dropping off daily, I have replaced the brass regulator with no change, disconnceted the hose, great pressure. Any Help.. Thanks,
Old 06-17-2013, 02:16 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Rick, that amazes me that Crossroads cannot tell you if you have a water filter yet they list it under the "standards and options" as having one. I have notice a couple of other post lately where people have contacted CR about something on their unit and they can't answer the question.

Back to the filter, ours had a whole house filter and it was located behind the utility/docking station compartment. Dumb place to mount it because you have to remove a panel inside the pass thru storage area to access it. I bypassed ours due to the difficult access and use an external one now. Another place you might check for it would be under the kitchen sink area. I hope some of this helps you find it.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

We were told that the water filter is in the storage area behind the compartment where the hookups come out. When having our tanks replaced the service tech told us it was in there and that it was a very tight area to get to, so have someone small go in.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:47 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Rick7458 Let us know what you find out about lemon law, we were told there is no lemon law on RV's
Old 06-17-2013, 04:23 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

[We were told that the water filter is in the storage area behind the compartment where the hookups come out. When having our tanks replaced the service tech told us it was in there and that it was a very tight area to get to, so have someone small go in.]

This is where I was trying to describe aboveours was located. Very hard to get to and a pain so I bypassed it and now use an external filter.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

RJHewitt:
Wow your list is extensive, ya know our tv in living room clicks too but we thought that was normal, I guess we maybe need to nitpick a little more.
When we picked our coach up, we stayed local to test out for a few days and everything worked fine, we pack up and take home, 6 hours on the road and we get back and take it to our local campground to pack up and get ready for traveling and that's when the grey/black water tanks collapsed, so we are guessing the travel loosened things up. Living room tv broke in travel too, had to replace that.
We have a trip scheduled in July to TX and we were going to take the Lincoln, but think not as we are so afraid it will ruin our trip if anything else happens.
Does your floor in the kitchen squeak like an old house when walking on it?
Old 06-17-2013, 04:39 AM   #13
Site Team

Boy, I can't believe all the complaints I read about with this one!!!!!!!
I don't think "anybody" could manufacture something this bad unless they were purposely trying.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:52 AM   #14
Site Team

Must had been built on a week of Mondays.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:18 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Thanks for your quick response, I will find a very small person to try and get to that panel. pretty poor design. the only thing that sold me was the front w/shield, I wish now we did a little more research. I can't believe this company could make such garbage.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

Wow...I thought I had problems..this is crazy..I feel your pain. Its B/S with all problems everyone is having. My good friend is staying away..bought a Mobile Suites...
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #17
Seasonal Camper

If the front basement is anything like our 38CK, the water filter is not hard to access. Merely take the screws out of the panel behind the convenience center, and there she be. I'm not small, and have no problem accessing the filter.

Edited by: 2slick

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

On ours there is a basement door that is about 10 to 12" high. and the cover is in the middle, you would need to get in there to take the screws out,sounds like yours is in a good spot.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:01 AM   #19
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK7458

On ours there is a basement door that is about 10 to 12" high. and the cover is in the middle, you would need to get in there to take the screws out,sounds like yours is in a good spot.
Surely the filter isn't in there! Talk about limited access! Our basement door is like 2' X 3'.......plumbing manifolds and converter are in there too on our 38CK. Good luck.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:39 AM   #20
Family Vacation Member

Don't get me wrong, we love our floor plan, we love almost everything about this unit! However after hearing everyone's issues with their Rushmore on this forum, we wonder howours will take the miles shaking up and down America's highways and byways. Time will tell. I can only hope along the way we have access to quality CR service center/dealersif weneed them!In response to thewater filter question, oursis rightinour docking station for easy access.Also, thanks for the posting (in another thread) theYouTube videos put out by Lippart.In case you didn't see the link: is one on troubleshooting a Schwintec slide. We'll be picking our Lincoln up from the service center the beginning of this next week. I have found a flexible adhesive and grout to install my tilebacksplash in the kitchen and bath. We havea 4th of July familycamping tripon the schedule so I'll update everyone afterwards. Robyn
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote