Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2013, 03:53 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Hi carrolllisa; unfortunately no, that's not right. There is a wiring issue. We have alsohad some warranty issues and ours is into the service center now. Nothing major, but we want CR to knowwhat we(owners of a new Rushmore/CR product) are dealing with. The only waythey will know is when theyhave to approve the requests to cover ourrepairs. Could have fixed them ourselves, but then they will never know.Welcome to the forum!
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #22
New Camper

Thanks RJHewitt! I agree about the warranty issues. So far this is all we have run into. We spent 3hrs at our final walk thru. Found several issues then, but they were all repaired while we waited. Our A/C froze up last night, but we think that we have corrected that issue.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

Isn't kinda crazy that this RV business sells a product that needs something fixed before it leaves the lot. Shouldn't it be before it leaves the factory. Also the dealers don't go through them before the sell. There have seen dozens of RV's I looked at with sawdust or broken something on the lot...and you always hear..we'll fix or clean that before you take it home. Right..
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #24
New Camper

Yes, its quite ridiculous!However, we purchased a new Heartland Greystone last year and had many more warranty issues within the first week than we should have. When we traded for the Lincoln we were prepared to look for all of those issues upfront
Old 06-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

Seven years ago when we decided to go full time. We researched for 18 months. With budget we had to work with. Bought a 98 Alfa...upgraded to a 05 Alfa...always told myself stay away from a Thor product... lol to myself now that I own one. Don't get me wrong. I am very happy with my Rushmore. Its just the little things that aren't correct in this 5th wheel. Quality control is not at the top of the list with Thor products.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #26
Family Vacation Member

Ramn4ver- Iretired earlyfrom corporate America cause I couldn't comply with this mind set.Also, asa corporate trainer I worked closely with HR to hire and I can tell youthe new recruits over the years had a less then desirable work ethic. It is really hard to find employees that take pride in their work, understandloyalty to their employer, or can put in a consistent 40 hour work week. Hard work isn't in their vocabulary. We all know people that fit this description. The qualified tradesmen are getting older and the younger are not willing to put in the effort it takes to learn from them.Also many companies don't want to pay a decent wage or the benefits to support a family. Their example of looking the other way to the needs of their employees provokes wrath. A vicious cycle.I am very thankful that in the midst of this we have found a great company that stands behind their service work!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #27
New Camper

i am having trouble with pne of the slides on my 2013 Rushmore George Washington.

I found the switch, pressed the button still not sliding. will have to get soone out here to slide in.

How did they fix your slide????
Old 06-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #28
Seasonal Camper

[QUOTE=JOHNT]i am having trouble with pne of the slides on my 2013 Rushmore George Washington.

I found the switch, pressed the button still not sliding. will have to get soone out here to slide in.

How did they fix your slide????[/QUOTE

It takes more than pushing the button, you have to push it like 7 times then have another person push the slide button. You can find videos of this on YouTube.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #29
Family Vacation Member

We have had all the above issues. ... Things still waiting on a fix are a cracked back cap , to be replaced, one jack dropping on its own, to be replaced, dragging bedroom slide...we are told its supposed to adjust on its own.....now we are out of warranty...and still waiting
Old 06-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #30
Family Vacation Member

Where is the YouTube Video ? How to pull in a slide
Old 06-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #31
Seasonal Camper

Glad you folks brought this slide issue up. My dealer had told me there was no way to get the bedroom slide in if the Schwintek motors failed. Like everything else they've done or told me, they were wrong. Very good video from Lippert Components on .

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:53 AM   #32
Family Vacation Member

We love almost everything about this unit! However after hearing everyone's issues with their Rushmore on this forum, we wonder howours will take the miles shaking up and down America's highways and byways. I can only hope along the way we have access to quality CR service center/dealersif weneed them!Thanks for posting theYouTube video. <a>We'll</a> be picking our Lincoln up from the service center the beginning of this next week. I have found a flexible adhesive and grout to install my tilebacksplash in the kitchen and bath. I have already sewed up new window treatments throughout. Just personalizing the space. We havea 4th of July familycamping tripon the schedule so I'll update everyone afterwards on how the repairs hold up.Robyn
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #33
Full Time Camper

Hi Robyn..my sweetheart is in the process of tearing down the window treatments. would love the see a pic of your handy work. We are thinking about using fiberboard for the side ofwindows, covering with material of choice. not decided yet.
Thanks Gary
Old 06-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #34
Full Time Camper

2Slick thanks for sharing..
Old 06-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #35
Family Vacation Member

Gary~ For your Sweetheart:I have a rug that fits the entire expanse of the living room floor to add some color and to protect the carpet. It isdeep merlot with cream/tan in it. The new window treatments follow the same modern style as the existing, utilizing the double curtain rods. I chose the deep merlot(wine) for the base color. I also lined the front window treatments with a solar/heat barrier as an added layer for those times we face into the southern exposure or want to darken the living room. I went with the same color in the kitchen, but ourbed ensemble is eggplant and the bedroom rug is deep purple/cream/sage. Becausemy hubbyoften works nights,I went with a deep purple for all of the curtains and lined the large window treatment with the same solar barrier to keep it nice and dark during the day. (It goes to the floor.) I love interior design and this has been so fun! These colors go so well with the beautiful woodwork throughout the RV.I'll figure out how to post pictures when I finish the backsplashes. I have created upholstered window treatments for other RVs before butdecided against thembecause of the added weight and contemporary style of the Lincoln. I've alsoadded a beautiful shower curtainon a brushed nickel rod above the shower door in the bathroom. It providescolor and privacy whenneeded over the clear shower door.It fits nicely between the door and the vanity when open. I may etch the glass doors eventually, but it works great for now. Please post pics when you are finished.I'd love to see what you have done!
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison