Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Hey Everyone, We are new to Crossroads after being very satisfied Heartland
Bighorn owners for the past 6 years. We wanted better R factors and more solid
construction as we travel and put many miles a year on our 5er. Rushmore
Lincoln's front living room impressed us and so we are picking up our 2014
Lincoln in 5-6 weeks. We'd love to hear from any Rushmore owners. How are you
doing? What, if any problems are you having? What do you like? Dislike? We had a
real concern over the docking area being tucked into a basement wall and not in
a dedicated Docking Station like we are used to. We understand they are making a
change to it on the 2014 model. It was a deal breaker for us. Love to see a
picture tho! Asked both the sales rep and the factory rep for pics and have yet
to see any. Thanks in advance for any replies!
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

We have had ours for 2 weeks, 1 replaced jack, 1 water leak, 1 wiring harness they ran screws thru from the factory, and now 1 slide motor. We will like it better when all is repaired.
RICK7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Rick7458~ Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that! How are the repairs going? Has CR been good to work with?
Old 05-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

We have had ours 11 days, jacks areretractingon their own, TV's quit working, and today our grey water tank ruptured, alsoevery timewe turn on any lights we hear a humming coming from under the front living room floor like a fan and with every additional light that goes on it gets louder and faster, we think it's going to take off or something....We have never owned a 5th wheel before (A Class before) and are being told this is normal, we think if you are wanting to relax in that great front living room, you don't want to hear humming coming from the floor. Really questioningcraftsmanshipand quality of work on this coach.....otherwise love the floorplan
Jim & Steph
SoCal
Old 05-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

That is your converter making that noise. They have a cooling fan that increases in speed as you increase the power output but by no means should it be as loud as you are describing. You can barely hear ours as the fan increases unless you are standing right next to it. So no it is not normal for it to be so loud you hear it humming in the living area.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

We're picking ours up tomorrow! Really excited! We'll let you know how well things go! Thinking happy thoughts. Staying closeby for a couple of nights just in case!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:43 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Contacted Crossroads and they are going to send a new tank directly to the service company that will be doing the repairs, and any laborincurredwill be reimbursed to us within 10 days. If all goes as they say, we will give thumbs up for customer service. And congrats and good luck on your Rushmore Lincoln RJHewitt!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Hey Snommis, thanks! So sorry to hear of your issues. Michael agrees the noise is coming from the converter and it shouldn't be. Hoping CR is good to you! Sounds like they're pretty easy to work with from others, on the forum. Let us know!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Sitting in my front livingroom. One word comes to mind..."WOW"!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Hey RJ. How's the heat with the big window? We have a closet up front. Its like a clothes dryer...lol...keeping the doors closed. Its was 92° here yesterday.
Gary
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

RJHewet, was thinking about you guys yesterday knowing you were picking up your Lincoln! It is a spectacular floorplan isn't it! You know even with all that we have going wrong, I walk into it and still love it!
Don't you love that front living room window, I like to sit with a cup of coffee and just relax in that front window. My dog's love it too, they can see everyone walk by.
Try the fireplace on with no heat if it's too warm to use with a glass of wine and no lights, so relaxing!
Good luck and enjoy! Keep us posted
Old 05-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Hey there! We are so comfortable in our new home away from home! So far no issues and the sales and service team we purchased through went way above and beyond the call of duty for us!! We enjoyed the heat and ambiance of the fireplace and slept so well on the bed last night! We're pleasantly surprised with how cool the front living room window is! It was warm and sunny during the day and it kept its cool very well. I just keep saying wow! This unit is so beautiful! Cross Roads really has something here in this floor plan! (We also had the added stress of needing both front wheel bearings unexpectedly replaced on our tow vehicle as soon as we arrived.)
Old 05-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Hewitt's Rushmore Lincoln update~ Hey everyone, Still happy over all with our new5er! We do have an issue with the kitchen slide we are concerned about. We first noticed it wasn't extending evenly when we were setting up camp inND last week. However, it caught up when it was fully extended. We were told it could happen and if it did, thesystem was designed to adjust for it. When we were breaking camp this weekMichael noticed the top outside corner is actually showing thatit's catching on the rubber slide material.The slideseems to need realignment for sure, unsure if this is a major issue.We have taken good pictures and sent them to the service center we will be stopping at on our way down to FL in July, so they know what we are dealing with. Anyone else care to share thoughts experiences etc... regarding the slide system CR uses? Thanks! Robyn
Old 05-28-2013, 03:51 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Let me add to issues we are having with our 2014 Lincoln Rushmore, Water all over kitchen floor, loose connection at ice maker hook up, remote for tv quit working, do you think anyone from Crossroads bother to look or comment on this site, they should if they don't

Edited by: RICK7458
RICK7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

RJHewitt, We are having issues with our living room slide and bedroom wardrobe slide, it is dragging the carpet when sliding in an out, and the way it was explained to us with these slide motors it is a safety feature as to not crush things so if there is any resistance the slide will stop and then reset in like 30 seconds. Well because the facer on the bottom of slides is to low, it drags the carpet causing resistance and stalls the slide, the easiest fix I can see is take the facer off and trim it down and that would solve that problem. We just got it back from the collapsed grey tank and don't want to deal with it just yet.

I am thinking on redoing that slide out spice rack, they didn't give enough baskets and I cannot find at any hardware store, I think there is a lot of wasted space too. Thinking on asking Crossroads to send me more shelves and brackets like what's up top and taking out the spice rack and just doing shelves all the way down. That spice rack was a selling point for me, but once you get into it, you realize how precious space is and there is just so much unused space in that cabinet.
Have you noticed that?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #16
New Camper

We are in the process of purchasing a 2013 Lincoln. I asked the dealer about slide toppers and was told that Crossroads doesn't make them to fit the Lincoln yet. He said that the sides on a Lincoln were designed not to need toppers.Is there any truth to this?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

With just a quick search of RV Capital Wholesalers web site I found one with them on all the slides. It is not the Lincoln floor plan but the slides should be built the same. They are listed as an option if you go to build a unit. They are even listed under the Rushmore options on the Crossroads web site. I don't know where your dealer is getting his information from.

http://www.rvcapitalwholesalers.com/...Wheel-340.aspx

http://www.rvcapitalwholesalers.com/...il.aspx?id=447

Edited by: Hunter11
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #18
New Camper

We looked at a 2013 Lincoln at a RV dealer in Donna Tx in March. It had the slide toppers on from the factory. Local dealer here in South Dakota orders the Rushmore without. Says they are to noisy in the wind.
campingfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
Family Vacation Member

CONgratULations !On your new CrooRoads !
Old 06-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #20
New Camper

Thanks! That's what I thought. Picked up our 2013 Lincoln yesterday. So far so go. Have one question, didn't notice it until tonite. Our reading lights over the bed don't work unless the main bedroom lights are on. This makes no sense to me. Are everyone else's like that or is there a wiring issue?