Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sking
What year and model is this?
Looks like it's a 2013 Washington Rushmore.
Purchased from RC Travel World of Sacramento.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #42
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
Quote:
What year and model is this?
Looks like it's a 2013 Washington Rushmore.
Purchased from RC Travel World of Sacramento.
Maybe it's a misprint, I didn't know there was a 28 ft Washington ever built.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #43
Site Team

I must be missing it. Where did you come up with 28 ft.?

Old 11-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #44
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
ken07734 and his TT
Old 11-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:
ken07734 and his TT
kglenn has a Rushmore

ken07734 has a 28' tt

complaints are overlapping and now getting confusing.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 11-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #46
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

deEdited by: Pnr

Old 11-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #47
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Wasn't that whole list posted once before? If so, there really isn't any need to double post.

If that list is true, and I have no reason to say it's not, it should be posted once a week til they fix it.

You don't have to read it if you don 't want to

Old 11-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #48
Seasonal Camper

I can relate to some of the complaints. Our slides tend to run downhill. I adjusted the slides on our Mountaineer, but these are evenly against the walls on the interior, so I believe they are just built like that. No big deal to me. I got some extra grommets for the stove grill, and level it that way.

One big issue I see is buying the unit in Sacramento and living in Canada. It's hard enough to get the dealer you purchase from to service a unit, but in the case, unless it goes to a service center, it just ain't gonna hardly happen. And I think he said the dealer stopped selling CR units. Double whammy!

I would think the front BR slides are the Schwintek slides. I can assure you before I sleep on the sofa bed, I would disengage the gears, and at least slide the opposing slide out so I could utilize the bed. As far as the Fantastic fan not working......I have that issue in the kitchen. I need to get on the roof and spray the seal and lid with silicone. If it sticks, which IIRC is a common problem, the fan ain't gonna run. A step stool is a must in a fifth wheel.....the roof tends to be high in them.

Oh, and I was also confused by the hi-jack complaints about the TT. My first thought was .....WTH, a Rushmore TT?

Good luck!

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
Old 11-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #49
Gone Traveling

My name is Glenn Kaczmar I,m the owner of a 2013 Wash Rushmore with over 40 issues in 12 days

if anyone elese with a rushmore prouduct is having problems please email me directly at glennkaczmar@yahoo.ca

Old 11-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #50
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnr
Quote:
Wasn't that whole list posted once before? If so, there really isn't any need to double post.

If that list is true, and I have no reason to say it's not, it should be posted once a week til they fix it.

You don't have to read it if you don 't want to
If anybody thinks posting the same list of complaints once every week is going to get any action from Cross Roads, I think they are sorely disillusioned .
CR doesn't monitor this board enough to get rid of the spam it's being run over with.
The proper way is to contact CR, and continue to contact them until you have a resolution. I'm not saying "not" to post here and do some venting, but lets be realistic, multiple posting of the same thing just doesn't help. Besides that, I don't know of any other forum that's has site team members monitoring the forum that allows double posting. They will normally get deleted in a hurry.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #51
Full Time Camper

Old Farmer Wrote:
<t></t><table ="tableborder"="" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="width: 1235px; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr ="msgablerow"="" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><td valign="top" ="msglinedevider"=""><div ="msg"="" style="width: 1080px;">f anybody thinks posting the same list of complaints once every week is going to get any action from Cross Roads, I think they are sorely disillusioned .
CR doesn't monitor this board enough to get rid of the spam it's being run over with.
The proper way is to contact CR, and continue to contact them until you have a resolution. I'm not saying "not" to post here and do some venting, but lets be realistic, multiple posting of the same thing just doesn't help. Besides that, I don't know of any other forum that's has site team members monitoring the forum that allows double posting. They will normally get deleted in a hurry.
<div ="msg"="" style="width: 1080px;">
<div ="msg"="" style="width: 1080px;">X2. Think what a PITA it would be if everyone multible posted there concerns or complaints</td></tr><tr ="msgablerow"=""><td ="msglinedevider"=""></td></tr></t></table>
Edited by: socoguy
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
Old 11-10-2013, 02:15 AM   #52
Gone Traveling

Thank you Old farmer for you opinion. Mark Quinn from Crossroads is in communications with us and we are working on resolutions as we speak. I will post updates on the outcome.
Have great day
Glenn &amp; Dianna

Old 11-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #53
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglenn
My name is Glenn Kaczmar I,m the owner of a 2013 Wash Rushmore with over 40 issues in 12 days

if anyone elese with a rushmore prouduct is having problems please email me directly at glennkaczmar@yahoo.ca

Just an FYI. We picked up our ST25RB from the dealer Saturday after they had completed our 6 month check up. Talked to the salesman for a while and asked him what happened to the 2 Rushmores I saw when I dropped off the trailer.

He said they "got rid of them." Apparently they were having so much trouble, they sent them back to the factory. He said CrossRoads was coming out w/ an 'improved version' of the Rushmore butit didn't sound to meas if they were interested in selling those units in the future either.

Allison Transmission
Old 11-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #54
Gone Traveling

interesting to hear that
Thank you Tom &amp; Zoey

Glenn &amp; Dianna

Old 11-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #55
Gone Traveling

I highly recommend to anyone planning to purchase a Crossroads Rushmore insist on a 2014 model built after Nov 1/13. CR's new models are now being built at the Redwood plant with some amazing improvements and better QC. They have gone to a Falcon system for the chassis which is a huge upgrade.They have beef up the floor with 11 " centers verses 16 " centers. CR have stop using Sansui TV's and RCA surround sound and have change all electronics to LG product Crossroads has had a ton of failures with the Sansui product. I know myself personally, both my Sansui tv's had died in the first two weeks we used our 2013 Washington Rushmore.They have improve A/C preformance, located the kitchen fan in a better place for improve ventilation. The hallways are bigger and the door swings have been improve for better accessibility. They have gone to hydraulic slides for better QC. We have had all three of our schwintek slides fail in the first three weeks of our first vacation. In fact we are presently broken down for 16 days so far with 60 repairs being done on our 2013 Rushmore at R V Renovators in Mesa AZ. Mr Quinn from Crossroads highly recommend them. This company is AMAZING ,there workmanship is the best and there staff are excellent ! We arrived 16 days ago on there door step without a appointment with 30 plus repairs to be preformed and now we are up to 60. Our second Schwintek slide failed & stop working completely while warranty work was being preformed and now we are have issues with our third Schwintek slide binding and grinding and not coming in and out true. There is also great concern about our pin box being broken or not strong enough. The pin box moves 1.25 to 1.50 inchs upon loading causing our closet wall and floors to be torn apart and more than likely the cause of our third schwintec slide issue.Google Lippert frame problems and you will be amazed how many are out there. Our center island coming apart because the plywood is separating from the floor causing so many loud sqeaks and noises it is uncompromisable .Crossroads has authorize R V Renovators to remove the carpet and linoleum in a attempt to repair all the squeaks. We where first pleased with Mark Quins response to our repairs and have not denied any requested repairs to date, but something has happen in the last 7 days. RV Renvators have not preform any physical work on our repairs. I understand our present repair costs to be close to $5000 .I think RV Renovators wish to be payed from Cross roads before they continuing with any repairs leaving us hanging and ruining our vacation. So much for our family thanks giving. We are strand in Mesa AZ.
Mr Quinn from crossroads could be better at returning emails especially when they know we are broken down on our hard earn vacation. Mr Quinn will take days sometime to respond to emails....not ideal. They offered to put us up in a motel for two weeks but we have five lab dogs. They in turn where going to arrange to have us rent us a small class c motor home and they would reimburse us .We are still waiting to hear when they will reimburse us for the two tv's and new tires we payed for. I also do not trust Crossroads to pick up the rental costs of $2500 for the two week repair. We decided to stay in our unit while the repair's are being done. The funny thing is Crossroads thought the repairs would be done in two weeks...we have been here over two weeks and only one third of the list of repairs completed and with the pin box problems we could be here for Christmas.
We are demanding a new replacement Rushmore Washington built at the Redwood plant. Our 2013 unit will never be what there building presently. Again, we love the looks of our Rushmore in and out but they have to improve there QC ten fold ! I have posted our 32 problems early in another forum posting and i feel it is not important to post all 60 issues.It is no secret that Crossroads are having many QC issues with there 2013-14 models up to Oct 31/13 This is already turning into a disaster for us. but maybe i might be able to help someone with there new purchase so they do not have to experince what we have gone threw. Be prepared to pay more for the new build but you get what you pay for.

Glenn Kaczmar
Old 11-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #56
Seasonal Camper

Thank goodness our big slides are hydraulic. Only the BR is Schwintek. I bet they used all the TV's before switching brands. I know the new RCA Blu Ray surround sound is way ahead of the RCA DVD surround sound we had.

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck!

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
Old 11-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #57
Gone Traveling

Are you saying your 2012 Rushmore has hyd slides other than the bedroom.Did the 2012 units have two years warranty? I heard the 2012 where built better. Most of the complaints for QC came from all 2013 and 2014 models. Did you have many problems with your 2012
Happy Thanks Giving to you and your family
Old 11-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #58
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglenn View Post
Are you saying your 2012 Rushmore has hyd slides other than the bedroom.Did the 2012 units have two years warranty? I heard the 2012 where built better. Most of the complaints for QC came from all 2013 and 2014 models. Did you have many problems with your 2012
Happy Thanks Giving to you and your family
A few problems. Nothing like you had tho. I'm not thrilled with the AC ducting in the ceiling. I'm thinking they didn't put the foam around it and the insulation collapsed some of it. The kitchen, LR, and entertainment slides are all hydraulic. The BR has the Swhintek, and so far, no problems. I did educate myself on how to disengage the motor gears and slide it manually....this after my dealer said there was no way to do it. The siding on our entertainment slide was left too long, protruding below the floor, and tore a chunk out of the plastic threshold that raised the slide unit to clear the carpet. My service guy tried black rtv, but it rolled that out first time I brought the slides in. The slide would have to be removed to replace the threshold, so as long as there are no problems, we will live with that. I replaced the keypad on the keyless entry....after dealer said they would not work on it. "They never work anyway". Works like a charm. We love it. Thanks to Southco for their assistance. And yes, we have the 2/5 year warranty.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
Old 11-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #59
Gone Traveling

Day 17 broken down in Mesa AZ with a 2013 Rushmore with no end in sight!

Something has gone terrible wrong with the QC and build construction of the 2013 and 2014 Rushmore models. and It is my opinion crossroads knew this by dropping the 2 year bumper to bumper warranty for only one year so they could make there problems, there customer problems after one year of weak support and Service. We are now stranded 17 days on our vacation at RV Renovators in Mesa because our 2013 Rushmore Washington is unusable. Mr M Quinn and Mr R Howard thought we would be here only two weeks. Only one third of our 60 repairs have been completed and at this rate we could be stuck here until the new year.
With our kitchen slide stuck out, we have missed Thanks Giving with our family! Our unit can not been towed.
My greatest concern is our pin box movement. I am not concerned what the engineers at Lippert frames have to say about it , if it's BAD or good. God forbid they say it NORMAL. How safe would you feel upon loading the pin box you saw the pin box and front frame travel upwards 1.5 plus inchs before starting to lift the structure! This frame flex has torn our closet apart including the walls not to mention the noise of the structure flexing trying to maintain structural integrity tearing moldings off the slide walls upon lifting with a fork lift. I pretty sure all this movement has caused one of our bedroom Schwintek slides to fail completely and we are present having issues with our second schwintek slide in the bedroom. In Fact all three Scwinteck slides on our Rushmore have failed or are experiencing problems in the first four weeks of our vacation with no sight of anything being conclusively repaired. You can only imagine what is happening to the slide structure integrity when the walls are being distorted 1.5 inches under a dead lift load. How many more inches of defection is the structure experiencing traveling down the road with live loads and take into account the inertia traveling threw dips in the road and so on...god forbid the frame completely breaks causing a severe accident or worst yet DEATH!
I know another Rushmore owner on this forum site who had his fresh water and black water tanks fall out, they could have killed someone. It has always been my advise to stay away from anyone towing anything no matter how safe it looks, you are entering a danger zone with a high risk of of accidents for example, bad tires, bearings, frames breaking etc.........
It is no secret dealers are experiencing difficulty's to sell there stock of 2013 2014 Rushmore models or they are giving them away to clear them out.. My dealer in CA has stop selling the Crossroads Rushmore due to there problems Crossroads now only offer a weak one warranty....buyers beware!! Do you think dealers want to sell lemons.....how do you maintain customer service when your dealing with a inferior product. My advise to present dealers is run, send your units back to Crossroaads and let them deal with it, after all they made there bed, let them lie in it!
i will keep everyone posted
Here is my advise to any Rushmore owners having issues they keep fixing or can not fix.
Google Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act or the Federal Trade Commission

If we do not have communications and closure from Crossroads, Mr M Quinn & Mr R Howard asap on our issues I am prepared to file a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission and authorize my lawyer to file a claim in court in regard to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, specifically under the implied warranty of merchantability. This unit will not do what it is supposed to do, and there are many items that are significantly wrong. This unit was not fit to be sold.

17 days stranded
Old 11-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #60
Seasonal Camper

Does CA have a lemon law? I know here in TX RV's are included in the lemon law.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
Closed Thread