Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2016, 02:05 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Lloyd...I sent a E-mail...
My guess is that braided cable should be used on winches(pulling only)..not on something your trying to push close...
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:13 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

Dang! Y'all got me scared now. All 3 of mine are so hard to operate I pulled a bicep muscle. I went to drain yesterday and when I removed the cap to hook up my hose, some gray water was waiting on me. Not a lot, maybe a quart. I was actually searching to address another issue. Similar topic, so I pitch it to you guys. I drained the black tank and it just didn't seem to run as long as I would have expected. So I hooked up the sani-flush and started running it. Kind of sounded louder than normal, but my diesel truck wasn't running this time cause we had sewer at the camp site. So I chalked it up to that. Water didn't seem to flow immediately as usual (valve was open as far as I could tell.) water pressure was high at this sight, but I didn't think it mattered for this. Water started to flow after maybe 15 sec. I walked around to the other side and back. Then I notice some water dripping from the underpinning. Water was clear coming out of the sewer and I shut it off. Drained the gray tanks and called it good. Indicators showed black 2/3, gray 1 empty and Gray 2 2/3. I never put much stock in those, they are never accurate.
We headed from Washington over to Glacier Nat. Park area. Set up last night and getting ready for bed thought I smelled a hint of black tank smell, and the propane alarm went off. I blamed the alarm on Lab, her butt was like 6" away from it

Could I have popped loose a line on the flush system?
Old 06-25-2016, 08:46 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

Well it sounds like the same issues as mine. My mobile RV guy wanted $250 to do the job. The cable was $40. I had the time. Free labor. Learned a lot. Plus I wanted to insulate the belly. It is a pain. But I saved a couple hundred $$.
One thing you might try. Either 5 gallon bucket or maybe a hose. Dumping water into the potty. Instead of the flush system.
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote