Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Finally came home with us. All issues were taken care of. We had a surge protector hard wired in and put maxair covers on the fantastic fans. Since we started packing it we have found a loose piece of molding in the closet, a staple sticking out on the sidewall and that is about all we can find. I am sure more will pop up but for starters it looks very positive. Need to run appliances yet so time will tell there. Leaving Monday for summer contract job with the Corp.....4 1/2 months of campers and camping...we love it and we are on our tenth year as gate attendants. She tows like a dream. I sit in awe at the layout and the feeling of space. RF35CK model. My wife always said no more campers unless one jumps out and says take me home..this one spoke to her..we both love it so far. We like our Montana but so far I am liking this a whole lot better.

Walkingstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Very nice, congrats!

Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Very nice! If I could pull a fifth wheel without trading my truck that would be the Rushmore layout I would purchase. I hope, since you are working for the Corp, that you are not one of those mean campground hosts...After staying at one campground for several years and showing our access pass (my wife is handicapped and has left leg amputated due to cancer when she was 17) and being there weekend after weekend with the same host, the host said to me one time when I got out to check in instead of stopping by the window with her in the car, the host said, "How handicapped is your wife?" I almost said some things that I should not have, but held my tongue. Thankfully, she is no longer the host at one of our more favorite places to stay. The new host even brought us our tags last week because she was out of the booth when we came by and saw my wife drive by the host campsite. Now that is service. I realize that some people take advantage of those passes, we are not those people, but the previous host treated us like that after numerous times camping there...unbelievable.

2006 Nissan Titan

2013 Sunset Trail 31BH

Equalizer Hitch
sle1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

That's a real beauty congrats. If I end up with a 5er that may be the model I look at also. Good luck with it and keep us posted. Have fun at the 'job'.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Steve, we really love the job as I said we are on our tenth year and you can believe you would never be treated in that manner at our park. You have every right to be upset.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Cogratulations, have fun and Happy Camping!!

Travel Safe ...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Where abouts did you hardwired the surge protector? Thanks.

Jim & Linda with Candy Bar and Misty
'06 Chev 3500 DuraMax w/Banks
'10 Seville
'09 GL1800 Hannigan Trike
GSCM USN(Ret)
ALR,PGR,VFW 3788, AL460
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:03 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Congratulations, she looks like a beautiful camper...contracted with the 'corp' ?...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingstick
Finally came home with us. All issues were taken care of. We had a surge protector hard wired in and put maxair covers on the fantastic fans. Since we started packing it we have found a loose piece of molding in the closet, a staple sticking out on the sidewall and that is about all we can find. I am sure more will pop up but for starters it looks very positive. Need to run appliances yet so time will tell there. Leaving Monday for summer contract job with the Corp.....4 1/2 months of campers and camping...we love it and we are on our tenth year as gate attendants. She tows like a dream. I sit in awe at the layout and the feeling of space. RF35CK model. My wife always said no more campers unless one jumps out and says take me home..this one spoke to her..we both love it so far. We like our Montana but so far I am liking this a whole lot better.
Hey there 'Walkingstick', how are things going w/ Rushmore and the Corps Camping/hosting, any updates? Hope all has worked/is working out, for y'all!!

Travel Well, Travel Safe

Edited by: Ruck

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:26 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Congratulations on your new 5'r. We have a '10 RF36SB and love it.
Sportsfan949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker
Where abouts did you hardwired the surge protector? Thanks.

It was installed by camping world before we took it home. It is in the slam storage compartment in the top on the side by the tank control gates. It has worked for one surge with wires crossing in a windstorm here and one time when one phase went out of the three phase electric lowering the voltage. It works and probably saved me dollars.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Ruck

We are in the home stretch of the camping season here. Gets bitter sweet as we enjoy going back home but also enjoy the campers here so much. Kids are back in school and the campers do not come even on weekends like they do from Memorial Day until labor Day. Been a great season and this camper has made the summer a pure joy. We have lived in it daily since may 15th and our issues are minimal...well pleased with this crossroads product so far. So it is home until at least after the first of january and then if we can find a hole in the winter weather we just might visit the south.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
Seasonal Camper

Congratulations on the new camper, nice to hear a good report on a new unit. We are going to look at a 35RL tomorrow; thinking about trading up. Just curious, what are you towing it with, how does it handle and what kind of mileage are you getting?
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

2002 chevrolet silverado 3500 deisel dually

It only has 65 thousand on it and I use it only twice a year right now to tow into campground and back home and an occasional side trip. Cannot justify the price of a new one to sit in the driveway and only drive it a thousand miles a year. I do not think I would feel adequate pulling one of these with a single rear wheel. It pulls like a dream and handles really well. I haven't had a chance to get an accurate mileage but probably around 12=13

Edited by: Walkingstick
Old 01-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

I pull a rf36sb with a 06 2500hd diesel, single rear wheel. Best RV I've ever pulled, no problem handling. I'd say you are good to go.
Sportsfan949 is offline   Reply With Quote