Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #21
Gone Traveling

well,good morning everyone. It seem people would like to know what concerns we have had with our Rushmore
1 slide out got stuck out, could not bring it in or tow down the road....many many phones calls later and still no one could help. no manual for the slides in coach, Had to go on line and figure it out how to put the slide out in overide mode to bring it in. Still not fix...can not get into bedroom because slide out will not go out... did i mention we are on a first vacation with this unit.

2. all the curtains are falling on the ground,,,screws falling out

3. The rear Chester field is not bolted down and moves around when towing ripping the curtains off the wall also.
4. Driving on freeways causing all the cupboard doors and drawers to open causing more damage to other cupboards. They need better locks to secure doors when towing.

5. mouldings falling off everywhere,,, to many to give details

6. two water leaks in two different slide outs causing mold problems . Maybe your not suppose to use it on raining days???? Did i mention we have had over 30 rv's in my life time. Sure they have all had some issues but never like this Rushmore.

7 TV stop working... had to buy another one and install it...there goes another holiday day.

8. Awnings get stuck in most of the time and the led lights stop working on one of them

9. Drinking water tank leak . we could not figure how we where using so much water. Another day to fix myself. Did I mention there is no crossroad dealers on the west coast anywhere near us.

10 Out door storage compartment hinges go loose you have to left the door to close. Door is riveted. needs to be drill out and redone right like the first time should have been.

11. Kitchen slide out sounds like its coming apart when opening and closing. Look underneath and found the rollers are so overloaded they refuse to roll . requires extra rollers. You should see the sag in the material between rollers. Who engineered this Crossroads ? Does any care at the factory????

12 we have 17 screws broken or lost on our slide outs

13 no fantastic fan in bathroom. My wife can not open or turn the fan on. Hey crossroads, note to yourself. Not everyone is six feet tall.

14 Our floors have so many squeaks it drive's me crazy. Crossroads needs to use 3/4 inch plywood instead of 5/8. A Rushmore is not a entry level unit. You should get more when paying more.

15. Did i tell you i called my dealer at RV Travel World of Sacramento 6 days ago and spoke with Rick in service and he told me he would get Bob to call us back 6 days ago and still no reply. We are in route to Nascar in Phoenix and are on a tight schedule and our vacation must go on. No time as of yet to call crossroads...after the race. Let the games begin.

16. had a brake light burn out. Crossroads and Rushmore silicone the units in place. What a disaster. You damage the finish trying to pry and pull to get the lens out to change the bulb...really!!!!!!!

17 the rear ladder is mounted so close to the unit the is insufficient room for your feet and therefore damage the painted surface with your shoes. ladder needs to be fours inches back further.

18 all the clear coat is falling off our wheels. Stop at discount tire and they said Crossroads will warranty them. They have seen this before. If i purchased them from them they would warranty them!
I could go on but i just do not have the time to report all the problems

Happy Trails Everyone

kglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

We bought our Rushmore at RV Travel World Sacramento too, We pretty much have had as many issues as you but have been dealing directly with Crossroads. Where are you on the West Coast? We are in So. Cal and there is not a dealer but J&L RV Repair in Fontana, CA is an authorized Crossroads RV Repair shop. We had to have all our slides modified to work properly, However J&L had our coach for a good month and we got it back and now we have more issues. Microwave stopped working, one of the frig's is leaking, awnings are broken won't go all the way in.
Contact Crossroads Customer Service, we were talking with Leonard Nielsen but he got transferred to a different department, we now are speaking with a new guy, can't remember his name but also Mark Quinn is the Main Man, they have been exceptionally helpful and great to work with. Just keep calling Customer Service at Crossroads until you get to the right person. When we called RV Travel World and told them what was going on, they got someone at Crossroads in touch with us immediately.
Yeah, for the price they are charging for the Rushmore, it's definitely not built for the price point they are being sold at.