Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We have a 2012 Rushmore Model 35CK and cannot seem to find the location of the fuse for the landing gear. This unit has a Intellijack system but nowhere can I find a fuse that controls the circuit. We are about to depart on a 5 month trip and want to make sure I can replace any fuse that may blow along the way. None of the fuses in the panel box are marked for either landing gear or front compartment.

Anybody know which fuse protects that circuit?

Thanks,
Robert in La.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
New Camper

Hey Robert.........Not been on line in a while, been working in Lake Charles.....in Huston, Tx, headed to Almont, Co, for job on 17 May.....never found jacks fuse, but the 30AMP fuse in control panel (one were you turn on outside & inside lights ) has something to do with the controls....hope we are talking about the rear landing gear, had to have my motor replaced, half-ass working now....if it is the front gear????????...I'm having problems with outside light working when they feel like it???????also, light bubs for the fire-place?????????so things have not change much..........but I am staying dry most of the time....be safe....willie
Old 04-28-2013, 05:35 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

We have same unit as you do they put the fuses in different places most of the time check out in front compartment and there might be a in line fuse close to battery it will be on a separate line coming off battery most of the time it is a red wiregood luck Jim&Carol
Old 04-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Hey Willie,
Glad to hear from you. Was wondering about y'all last week when we got into a discussion about Maine. To answer your question I am talking about the front landing gear. No problems at this time but just wanting to "be prepared" when we hit the road next week.

I, too, had problem with rear stabilizers and replaced the motor unit. Now working OK but those things seem to be a constant problem. If it goes out again I may just take it off and use the hand crank.

I have looked for in line fuses in front compartment and cannot find any. I did email Crossroads on Friday but no reply yet.

Thanks to both of you for replies.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

The only fuse that I can think of for the Intelli-Jacks is inside the module, mine was 30amp, I think,there may actually be two, Idon't use intelli-jacks any longer, have had two strong motors for each leg emplaced and a single switch for both with an 'in-line' fuse. I even removed the intelli-jacks module from the bulkhead. Had continuious problems with 'em and "sailing' happily now. Have had stabilizer motor replaced and a shear pin replaced, think I was extending and retracting to far after resistance .... my .02

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Folks, I should have posted the reply that CR gave me but I've been on the road and just forgot about it. The answer to my question is that there are self-resetting fuses located within a plastic cover on the firewall in the battery compartment. If they trip, they will re-set themselves after cooling.

Ruck, I don't use the Intellijack system either beyond the up and down buttons. I just don't trust the darn thing with what seems to me like a weak drive motor system. I talked to a repairman about replacing it with a stonger motor unit and he told me it could not be done. I'm not sure I agree with him but I'd be interested in exactly what you did.

Thanks to all for the input.
Robert
Old 05-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Dis-connected Intelli-Jack, one motor for each landing gear leg, mounted inside the front storage at the top of each leg, wired direct to batt,rocker switch just outside door. Use a level inside on floor to determine level. It was actually Crossroads reccomendition because of the problemsI hadw/ intelli-jacks,(too weak)started with replacing w/one stronger motor for Jacks, didn't work so went w/ two and seperate switch. CW in Myrtle Beach, SC did the work, under warranty.BTW, the Intelli-Jacks tech was of very little help...
Edited by: Ruck

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote