Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Lights next to hitch?

I have a 2014 Lincoln Rushmore, and it has what looks like two LED lights on either side of the pin box. If they are lights, I'll be danged if I can figure out how to turn them on! I've tried the switch on the outside working light, but it only works that light. Then I thought maybe they are powered by the truck lights, but I tried parking lights and even reverse, nadda. Anyone know what they are, and how to use them?
Old 08-23-2020, 06:37 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Can you post a picture. If they are lights there might be a switch just inside your storage area!

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:19 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Pictures attached. I fished the wire out of the passenger side hole. It terminates on the driver side light, but I can't determine where the other direction leads to. It is not coming into the forward storage compartment, and it doesn't come into the wiring box behind the pin box. At least in that white-blue/white and gauge. Nothing says, of course, that it isn't tapping into another wire either. Wishing I had one of those optic spy cameras so I could poke it into that hole and look! Anyone else have these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200825_165740.jpg (187.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 20200825_165749.jpg (165.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 08-25-2020, 06:36 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Did you buy the trailer new? If not, I'd say the lights were added by a previous owner.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:01 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I'm not familiar with that set up but did you check to see if there was any power going to the lights. It may be a burnt light or fuse issue. If these lights are attached to your trailer hook-up so there should be a small switch somewhere close by. They would be on normally when you are hooking up or disconnecting and would not be required when travelling or parked somewhere. The switch may an add on from previous owner so could any kind of color and blends in to the frame color. I have one on the side of my drill press that I can only find by feel as it is tiny and of the same color as the drill.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:19 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

The light switch for the led lights on the front of my trailer is inside the front storage compartment on drivers side. Took awhile before I figured out what that switch was for.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:20 PM   #7
Bro
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bear View Post
Pictures attached. I fished the wire out of the passenger side hole. It terminates on the driver side light, but I can't determine where the other direction leads to. It is not coming into the forward storage compartment, and it doesn't come into the wiring box behind the pin box. At least in that white-blue/white and gauge. Nothing says, of course, that it isn't tapping into another wire either. Wishing I had one of those optic spy cameras so I could poke it into that hole and look! Anyone else have these?
I have the same fiver and don't have them. My guess is it was put on by the previous owner.
Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Rigman

I have the same year and model fiver, the switch for the pin box lights is located in the front right hand cargo compartment next to the awning controls
RigmanIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 09:36 PM   #9
New Camper

found my switch in the driver's side storage compartment, attached to the upper forward outside wall. thanks to this post, I no longer will need a flashlight waver to connect the truck to the trailer. Thank you.
Rodney Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote