Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hi all,

I purchased a new Rushmore 35ck at the Tampa Supershow in January 2011. As I live up north, the deal was to ship it to a dealer upstate NY around the end of march. Well... you guessed it. It was shipped to the dealer in Fla and to boot, didn't have all the options. Dealer ordered another one( a 2012) and said it will be delivered to NY at or around the end of April.

Question: Has anyone taken derivery of a new Rushmore yet? If so, how is the quality of the unit and was it what you ordered? I am having doubts about their organization and quality control. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mhodge5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

just got a 2011 38ck. it is very solid, but there are a few issues, like the closet door in bedroom has only a magnet to hold it shut, ( not good for travel) couple of things dont fit, like the table too big to close the slide and not bump on hutch- have a different table on order, really for solid , that it is, and beautiful. but too many things were not checked when we brought it home and had to go back the next business day. BUt once set up, it is solid and hardley shakes.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the reply. Good luck on your new Rushmore.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

G'day mhodge5300, just arrived home, Myrtle Beach SC from New Jersey with a Rushmore 35RL, first 5er, but have been researching 5th wheels for almost ten years with the intention of eventually fulltiming. The dream is REAL close now. Anyway I first thought of the 'New Horizon', but couldn't find the 'right' floorplan. Actually stumbled across the crossroads and fell head over heels. Everything I can find says quality, to me. And they appearantly stand behind their coaches/work. Tashana and I love this 5er, but havn't camped in it yet. Still loading, she has said, "I still have empty cabinets!!" So far ...

Check out: http://www.rv-coach.com/rv/rating/ra...v_results.html and look at Crossroads' rating. Hope this helps quell the second guessing ... and good luck!

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know someone has taken delivery and is pleased. Still haven't received mine yet but should be anyday now.

Best of luck with your new 5er and maybe we'll meet on the road someday.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

think i am changing my mind, The service stinks. Probably where we bought it, too many little headaches to work through. I will leave it at that for now. will see what happens in the next couple of weeks
Old 05-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

If its the place you bought it from, I would call the company to see if they can make a call to the dealership for you. If its defects in the unit itself.... different matter. Good luck and keep me posted, btw, still haven't received my unit yet!!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

OKay , am a new owner of the Rushmore. The things you are asking are not knwn to me yet cause i have to store my RV when not using it..... the refrig is a double door by Dometic, and it is soooo noisy. hasnt functioned properly since we got it , his weekend the temp of the freezer went up to 60 degrees. The buttons dont work on it so we couldnot adjust it... piece of doodoo.2 recliner rockers--one is already broken. THe bllinds are DayNight shades and all but one broke within the first week... the mattress is by orthopedic, and is suppossed to be memory foam, but we feel like it is a brick. The bed frame, engineered so wrong, that when we pulled the bed slide in, the frame cracked,totally seperated!!!i would have to put a picture to show , but the upper frame had a bar across so when we pulled in the slide it caught on the bottom and ripped the frame apart. The table would hit against the hutch in travel and damaged the bottom half, the slide frame damaged the top part of the hutch.... okay , the microwave is convection , works well, but is installed in a downward position, so if not careful, you just might have hot food pourin over yourself.... that is Some Of What went WRONG, in 2 trips since we got it. The toilet is installed crooked so when you open the shower door, only half way, it bangs against the toilet . ... The exterior is full of scratches. Had it been washed we could have seen along with the crack in the fiberglass, and never would have purchased, We had a wonderful Designer Jayco , same size , and have had 5 fifth wheels. NEVER have we had so many things wrong . My advise, consider something else.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Sorry to hear of your problems. Sounds like a lemon to me. We have received our unit and are quite pleased. A few minor adjustments needed and a couple of cosmetic things but so far, so good. We have receiced many compliments and one person is going to buy one.

Be sure to contact the factory about your problems as I understand they are very reponsive to customer service issues.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Doucet, call Crossroads Customer Service, ask for Randy, and describe the problems to him.

Reading thru your post, the refrigerator problem sounds like it may well be the control board. At any rate, the Dometic service center should be able to put you right fairly quickly.

We're contemplating the replacement of the recliners in our Seville with a wall-away love seat (if we can find one) when the recliners give out.

The bed frame in our Seville was replaced before the first trip with one I built using IKEA foundations. At any rate, mattresses are a personal preference but I remember seeing the Louisville Show model at the factory and it had memory foam. What I have noticed on ours is that the memory foam mattress we put in (IKEA mid range memory foam) feels hard until we're in it a bit and it warms up.

All the items you describe need to come to the attention of the Crossroads Customer Service team. Also, how close are you to Topeka, IN? Once you talk to Randy & the service team, a good question to pose to them is bringing your unit back in for service. They may well want to see the damage first hand.

At any rate, I hope you get yours fixed shortly. What an aggravating thing to have on a new unit. A second, unasked question is "what did the dealer say and did they do a predelivery checkout and cleanup?". It sound line some of the stuff should have been caught by the dealer (the recliner for sure, the other stuff maybe not). It sounds like there are not only dealer issues here but general construction issues that only Crossroads can take care of.

I hope you get all the problems resolved. Again, call Crossroads Customer Service and ask for Randy.
2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #11
New Camper

This post was a accidental copy.. I own a 38ck Sorry if any confusion occurred.
Edited by: Txpyplyner
Old 07-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #12
New Camper

I would like to know what they are doing for you an your rv issues, it almost sounds as if you and I purchased the same rv. I would really like any info on what is going on with you and your situation. Thanks!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #13
New Camper

I also recently purchased a 2012 35ck. I have been full timing in her for a little over a month. I ran into a few problems but over all have been happy. The problems I have encountered include a leaky shower, fridge not working, leaky bed room slide. The small stuff I was able to take care of myself. The shower just required a little silicon around the bottom. I learned and it might help others about the gfci outlets. This trailer has two one in the living room below the kitchen counter and one in the bathroom. My fridge quit working on electric power and it took me a while to figure it out, those two gfci outlets control other outlets in the trailer. After moving sites both of my outlets had popped which caused the majority of the outlets in the trailer not to work. I was puzzled at first but once I figured out that those two plugs had popped and I reset them it brought the fridge back to life. I'm still learning about the trailer but am happy with it so far. Good luck and hope this helps.
Scook003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #14
New Camper

I will take deliver of my new Rushmore 35CK next Friday. Anxious to look it over. Got a great closeout price on it. MSRP was $74,474.00. Paid $49K. I will post my findings after I get to spend a week in it. I stay Monday thru Friday in it in Houston, TXthen drive home each weekend to Fair Oaks Ranch, TX near Boerne. I guess that make me a near fulltimer!

Tony Marek

https://tonymarek.com/the_rig.jpg

2010 F250 King Ranch FX4

2012 Crossroads Rushmore 35CK
tonymarek is offline   Reply With Quote