Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #1
New Camper

Rushmore

I wonder if most of the problems with the rushmores were before they were made at the redwood plant, and possibly their quality is better now. Me and my wife like the rusmore franklin, but you here alot of complaints with on going problems and poor factory warranty. I am sure there are alot of satisfied customers out there, I realize on these forums you mostly here from the owners who have problems with construction, and that the factory and dealers are no help. Possibly they are better now, maybe not.
gowesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:36 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I would guess that there are dozens of happy campers for every one who is badly disgruntled. Those who are disgruntled make the most noise on these forums just out of pure frustration and not knowing where to turn for help in dealing with the situation they are in. A lot of people save for a long time to be able to enjoy the RV lifestyle, so when they drop a ton of money on an RV and then end up with a lemon, it is both frustrating and scary. I understand where they are coming from, but in most cases, if they will give the dealer and/or the manufacturer a chance, they will get the problems repaired. One shouldn't have to go through that, but until QC becomes a priority in the industry, there will be problems.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:26 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Well expressed Mike.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

we have a 2012 rushmore and have had a few problems with it that were taken care of by warranty and our dealer we love ours and have used it a lot with much enjoyment you always hear the bad but hardly ever hear the good good luck on your purchase what ever you do Jim&Carol
Old 04-08-2015, 01:22 AM   #5
New Camper

We have a 2014 Rushmore and I am one of the unhappy customers who is now making a lot of noise! Our unit has been in the shop for 4 months and we are looking at being without it another 2 months. I would love to hear some positive on the Rushmore line to make me feel better. I have been getting the run around for so long from the repair shop as well as Crossroads and I am at my wits end!!
prispope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:18 PM   #6
New Camper

I dont blame you a bit, there is no reason for it to take that long to try to get it repaired, they are a expensive 5th wheel, you would expect quality work. I have owned 5 fifth wheels and they all had problems, nothing major and my dealer took care of it, except for my first one a 95 park ave by thor, it was junk! Back to the post , are you having major problems like leaks and slide issues or a bunch of small ones where things are just falling apart.
gowesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowesley View Post
I dont blame you a bit, there is no reason for it to take that long to try to get it repaired, they are a expensive 5th wheel, you would expect quality work. I have owned 5 fifth wheels and they all had problems, nothing major and my dealer took care of it, except for my first one a 95 park ave by thor, it was junk! Back to the post , are you having major problems like leaks and slide issues or a bunch of small ones where things are just falling apart.
We are having both MAJOR and Minor issues. All 4 of our slides are leaking thus causing mold and rot throughout our camper. We have had the slide motor replaced for the bedroom slides but the dealership is unable to get our main slide fixed, they are saying that possibly the slide or slide hole is not cut properly which has also caused tears in the top of the slide because it hangs up every time you slide it in or out. Also, our leveling system failed and our stabilizer bars messed up. Then we are also having issues with our countertops cracking while in transit (one huge crack and one hairline crack), our awning was secured properly but 100 miles into a trip we lost it, our faucet and kitchen sink has been worked on by 3 different people and no one can seem to fix the leak, our carpet is separated in a seem and starting to separate in several other places, and the list goes on, and on, and on, and on!!
prispope is offline   Reply With Quote