Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2021, 05:30 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

sealant chart

I have a 2015 Crossroads Rushmore “Franklin”. Does anyone have a SEALANT CHART for these units manufactured from 2012 thru 2015.
NEVER2LATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:40 PM   #2
Site Team

This website should explain it all. Check out the products and videos.

https://dicorproducts.com/

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:57 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:39 PM   #4
Site Team

I deleted your other thread as you asked the same question here. As far as a "sealant chart" I do not believe that there is one. What are you trying to seal as different areas take different products. Check out the link Mark provided there is some very good information there as to different sealers and there application/ where to use.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:51 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I did visit the revisit the Dicor website as you suggested. I’m wanting to recaulk most, if not all of the storage/basement doors, where the fiberglass sides meet the Superflex roofing and roof vents. A call to Alpha Systems verified not to use Dicor on the Superflex. Watching other YouTube videos I was told to contact the RV manufacturer and get a sealant chart/callout list. Since Crossroads no longer makes the Rushmore and has itself been acquired by another company I’ve had no luck finding this information. I have an idea of what I’m going to use but thought I would at least try to see if I could find out if anyone on this group might have one. Thanks again for your interest and willingness to help.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:56 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVER2LATE View Post
I did visit the revisit the Dicor website as you suggested. I’m wanting to recaulk most, if not all of the storage/basement doors, where the fiberglass sides meet the Superflex roofing and roof vents. A call to Alpha Systems verified not to use Dicor on the Superflex. Watching other YouTube videos I was told to contact the RV manufacturer and get a sealant chart/callout list. Since Crossroads no longer makes the Rushmore and has itself been acquired by another company I’ve had no luck finding this information. I have an idea of what I’m going to use but thought I would at least try to see if I could find out if anyone on this group might have one. Thanks again for your interest and willingness to help.
You mention Superflex, which is a brand of TPO roof material... you did not state that the roof material has been replaced, has it?
There are two types of roofing material that are used on RVs; EPDM and TPO typically that generation of RV used the EPDM membrane. You should identify which material you have, and we can make recommendations from there. It is important to know.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:18 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

The original roofing material which is still on my RV is the "Superflex" brand manufactured by "Alpha" products. They also recommend only using their brand of roof sealant aptly named "Superflex Sealant" available in self leveling and Non-Sag 13oz tubes. I have these products on hand and have used them successfully on my roof. What I am interested if finding out is what sealants were originally used to seal the windows, trim, hatches and any other items to the fiberglass sides. I do appreciate your interest but I'm beginning to think that I'm spending too much time on this issue. I think I'm going to give up!
Old 07-19-2021, 12:33 PM   #8
Site Team

Just buy the DiCor for anything but the roof, you won't go wrong.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote