Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHewitt View Post
Wow Snommis! I am really surprised to hear that after getting through those PA temps! (Where's that "Dislike" button??) Makes it pretty tough to do anything about it now. Is blow in insulation even an option? Thoughts anyone?
That sure is a thought,however since our underbelly has been opened 3 times now for ruptured and continued leaking grey water tank, not sure at this time it would be ideal to spend money on insulation that only keeps getting wet After the first tank was replaced, the service tech did tell us there was no insulation and that he went ahead and put insulation around the tanks, but since it has been in 2 more times for water leaking, we are assuming the insulation was never replaced by the first technician.
Just been so frustrating to say the least
Hoping to get our coach out of the shop again tomorrow....not once have we been able to take it on a trip, only back and forth to the repair shop.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #22
Site Team

Maybe not blown in but expanding spray foam would help. Check out this website.
http://www.energyefficientsolutions....amproducts.asp

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Going to have too take a look into our Jefferson this spring. Brochure says flex foil insulation in underbelly. I'll still be checking it out later.

http://rushmore5thwheels.blogspot.co...ion_5.html?m=1
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:08 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

Before buying this unit we had a brochure that clearly stated the Rushmore's had the highest rating and best insulation compared six other top brands.
mickeynbranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:52 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

TRU Vision Solutions
2502 Ada drive
Elkhart, IN 46514

We are very satisfied with our TruVision Fireplace. Does a good job keeping the room warm and the heat dances upward to the bedroom. We are having a extremely cold winter in Branson,MO. and have used it extensively this winter. I do run a ceramic heater also when it is really cold to save on propane.
mickeynbranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

Fireplace

I have a 2014 Lincoln Rushmore, mine quit working after 5
mths. it did heat very well. The dealer just replaced the whole unit about 2 mths. ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHewitt View Post
I am trying to find any onlinereviews for the fireplace they're installing in the2014 Rushmore models. Does anyone know who makes the Tru Vision electric fireplace? Has anyone had any problems with theirs? Does it throw out good heat on those cold evenings andcool mornings? Thanks!
RICK7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #27
Family Vacation Member

We had such a good fireplace in our Bighorn. We used it all the time for almost 7 years and it never had a problem. It was a great supplemental heater for us and saved a lot of propane over those years. So far we have enjoyed the TRU Vision in the Rushmore. No problems. It has also provided an extra heater source for us- not as good as the one we had, but sufficient.

On a side note, what do you think of the new changes to the 2014 Lincoln Rushmore/Redwood? I uploaded a link to actual pictures of the new floorplan. It is very different. See what you think. I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Robyn
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #28
Weekend Camper

Fireplace

Our unit might have been one of the first 2014's , We have had several problems right from the beginning, but I think most have been addressed. I won't know until spring. What sold us was the floor plan and front window, but I think maybe I should have waited until they ironed out some of the bugs. Rick,
Old 02-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #29
Family Vacation Member

http://www.holmanrv.com/New-Inventor...ia-Ohio-328845
Old 02-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #30
Weekend Camper

Mw wife and I looked at the pictures, for the most part we like our floor plan a lot better, I think the kitchen looks cheap, no windows next to the bed, no pantry next to the stove, I do like the frosted shower door. I am going to take out the sliding pantry and install wire type shelving. I think I like the storage in the back instead of the larger front one.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #31
Family Vacation Member

Rick, We agree. The entire unit, in comparison to the original Lincoln looks cheaper. The outside entertainment center doesn't have a refrigerator or a dedicated dvd/receiver to the flat screen tv; the back bedroom lacks that uniqueness and elegance also, not to mention the reduced amount of storage space for hanging clothes and there aren't even any nightstands next to the bed anymore! I really don't like the look of the kitchen slide. I do like the extra room by the entrance door, but I dislike the cheap look of the sink, countertop and cabinets as part of the kitchen slide. The changes made to the kitchen table are alright. Much easier to place four chairs around it if needed. Unfortunately again, lacking in the uniqueness of our Lincoln. I love my kitchen table! The living room changes are nice. Even though we use the small front table a lot, our cushions are not holding up to the use. When we asked about the unusual wearing, we were told that wasn't going to be covered under warranty. Hubby likes the changes to the end caps as he is hoping the extra care he's taking to treat them will prevent the fading others have had.