Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

TV connections

Just getting my new (to me) 2103 Rushmore set up for the season. The owners manual is worthless as far as telling me how the TV connections work.

My assumption is that the satellite comes into the camper where the city water does (also next to the "outdoor shower), however, where does it go from there?

From the point where it enters the camper, is it split to the 2 locations where TV's are mounted, or does it go to the TV where the reciever is at the back of the camper and and then split off from there? I'm sure there are other options I haven't considered, so if I'm way off base, please tell me so.

I'm a couple weeks out from getting the satellite guy there to work on his portion of things. I'd at least like to have an idea how everything is connected when he gets there.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:20 PM   #2
TDG
Seasonal Camper

Look in the cabinet to the left side of the fireplace
You will see an antenna plate with connections
Remove the plate. Those are all the coax connections for each TV
And. Satellite input. Good luck.

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
TDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:16 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Tony, the other day while fighting the cold water connection on the hot water tank. I notice the two TV cables behind the the dump handles area. One was white and one was grey. Not sure if that helps or not.
Gary
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:04 AM   #4
New Camper

I have a 2015 Rushmore, I too had the question about how to hook up the Tailgater satellite dish. I called Rushmore, 888-226-7496, they sent me the wiring diagram by email. Problem solved. The dish installer for our house said that the satellite does not work when there are splitters in the line. My diagram shows a line coming directly in without a splitter and one with.
bigdaddybertram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:13 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

OK, just getting back to this today. I was at my campsite and took some pictures. I called customer service earlier this week and must have spoke with a disgruntled employee as he was of little use. Maybe I'll try again and specifically ask for the wiring diagram as mentioned previously.

In the meantime, here are my pictures and descriptions of their locations. If anyone can tell me how this puzzle fits together, I'd be very grateful.

Anyway, I do not have the panel as described by TDG in the cabinet to the left of the fireplace. However, I do have a hole drilled into the back of the cabinet leading to the area where the TV rests when the lift is down. The picture below is of that area.

Below is a picture of the area I think is where the cable/satellite comes into the camper. If anyone could confirm/deny this, that'd be great.

Below is a picture of the plate behind the TV in the bedroom. It'd be nice to know where the signal comes into this plate from.

Here is the other plate I found. This is in the basement, a couple feet to the right of the door leading into the camper. I'm not sure what the other connection is on the plate with the coax jack, but it looks an awful lot like a cigarette lighter to me. If anyone knows anything about this, please pass that info along. I'm not sure why, or how to fix it, but this should be rotated 90 degrees clockwise to see it in its proper orientation.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:21 PM   #6
Site Team

How to add photos

None of your pictures showed up.
If you are having trouble loading pics to the forum, follow these steps.

How to add photos to a post
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 800 x 600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 400K is recommended. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Sounds like I'm the only one who can see my pics.
Hopefully they show up this time.

I attempted to upload them in the order I described them in my last post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (11).JPG (34.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg photo (12).JPG (23.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg photo (13).JPG (37.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg photo (14).JPG (20.6 KB, 89 views)
Old 05-08-2015, 01:54 PM   #8
Site Team

Good job!
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote