Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
New Camper

Water pump fuse location??

Water pump stopped working on our 2016 Rushmore Springfield. My first thought was that the fuse was blown. Checked the breaker/fuse panel and could not locate anything that indicated the water pump. Next went to owners manual, lol and of course no help at all. Before clearing out the storage area to get to the wall behind which the pump is located, I thought I would check this forum. Maybe the fuse is in line near the pump, maybe no fuse at all? Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks
bstout10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:44 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

My 2015 Springfield has the second fuse from the bottom labeled "Basement", so I would suspect that the water pump (being in the basement) gets its power from that fuse. Also, I believe that there is an LED next to each fuse, and if the fuse is blown, the LED will blink (otherwise off). Of course, you could just check all of the fuses.

To eliminate a bad switch, have you tried to turn the pump on from both the kitchen switch and from the utility panel switch outside?

If your pump can be reached via the small access door in the basement wall, try tapping it (gently) with the handle of a hammer or similar piece of wood - to see if it will start.

Good luck!
Old 09-12-2018, 07:18 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanks for the time and response. I have tried both switches. My panel also has the little red led's next to each fuse to indicate if a fuse is bad. I finally located the manual for the pump and it "indicates" there is an inline fuse by the pump. It also states to install it in a convenient location. lol. Next day off project. Thanks again.
bstout10 is offline   Reply With Quote