Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #1
New Camper

2013 Elevation 3612

Just put my deposit down on a 2013 Elevation today. I never intended to buy a toy hauler, but was out shopping for a bunkhouse and found what I thought was a deal on the Elevation. Kids LOVE the beds / bunks in the Elevation and wife and I like the rest of it as well as all of the open space in the garage. I do have a Rhino but don't plan on hauling it anywhere. We will pull the canper to the lake, set it up and leave it there all summer and likely stay in it most of the summer. No washer/dryer hook up in the garage but I'm considering having the dealer install one. unit appears to be in excellent condition. Is there anything that I need to know, fix, work on or worry about with our new home away from home? Thanks in advance!

Greg

P.S. Has anyone added an outside T.V.? If so where, at right side pass through storage?
primedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:57 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

EnglishMatt started a thread about the 3616....From what I have read there, make sure you check your rubber roof very thoroughly, in addition to a thorough PDI, especially making sure your slides function properly. Is it a new or used unit?

Also, I have seen units with the outside TV hook-up in the storage area. Mine, (a 2014 3616) has it on the outside of the kitchen slide.

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:55 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

I actually have the 3912, although we looked at the 3612. There is a ton of information on here. The 3612 and 3912 are very similar.

Check the roof very well. Walk up on it. Make sure there are NO loose spots.

I love the Elevation floorplan.

Matt.

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I have a 2013 3612. The roof inspection is critical, CR had roof issues due to insufficient adhesive. Matt listed the inspection points in the post above. Mine ripped on the highway and although CR initially promised to cover it, in the end CR changed Management and would not cover it as it was out of warranty by 3 months when it happened. Get any promise from them or your dealer in writing.

As for the outside TV, the garage TV lifts out of its mount. Disconnect the cable and the power cord from the wall. Take the TV outside to the kitchen slide and there should be a outside mount for the TV, along with power and cable outlets. The mount is a plastic device located between the outside speakers, and the TV slides in from the top. Hope this helps.

Most of us find ways to supplement the heat in the living space. The bedroom and bath are like a sauna and the living space has little flow. CR used a flimsy heat duct that is about 12' too long and then took credit for heated underbelly. I shortened the duct and sealed the connections to the furnace that were very loose. Had to pull the furnace anyhow to replace the sail switch after one year. There is a thread on here about the weak air flow from furnace to living space.

Keep the motors for the slides lubricated with the proper CRC lubricant and the slide sweep seals cleaned (I and others use lemon Pledge). Inspect roof and side caulking often, repair as needed and you should be good to go. There are threads on this forum for all I mentioned, and not all is in the Elevation section. May want to watch the you tube videos on the Schwintek slides, just in case. No issues with mine, but others had major issues.

Mine has a washer/dryer hookup in garage, and another gray/black tank underneath just for it. Think it was optional.

I have never used the gas pump on mine, wonder if it works.....
Denny
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote