Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #1
New Camper

2013 Elevation 4012 main slide problems

After several month of looking for a higher end new toy hauler we had narrowed it down to a 2013 Elevation toy hauler. We had purchased it new in 2013 and had started to enjoy the trailer. Little problems had popped up "to be expected" and we had them fixed.

In 2015 we had experienced the first of the major problems with the main slide out. The right motor had gone out and the slide out was none operational. We took the trailer to our local service department and they had fixed it.

Less than a year later the SAME motor had gone out while we were about 400 miles from home and on a Sunday. No one was available to help us.
After manually sliding the LARGE slide out back "which is not easy with a wife and two young children" we continued on our way. As we reached our camping destination i had contacted Crossroads by telephone and asked for direction as to getting the motor fixed again.

The individual that i spoke to in the costumer service department was rude and was not willing to assist us in getting the unit fixed. He just kept saying that the unit was out of warranty. I had told him that I had been reading and the slide motor has been an issue with several of the trailers that Crossroads had manufactured. Very frustrated I had hung up and looked at other options for us to get the trailer serviced.

A few days go by and another Elevation pulled into the campground and I had spoke to the owner. He had a 2015 Elevation and just had his 3rd large slide out motor replaced.

Sorry so long but REALLY frustrated with our high end trailer. Does anyone know of a fix whether a larger motor, converting to a hydraulic ram system or another fix. Not sure why they would put such a poor motor on a HEAVY slide out and not have an option for a hand crank if the motor fails again.
K9blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:34 AM   #2
Site Team

Have you reached out to Lippert for any advise or help? They are the manufacture of the slide.
You might want to give them a shot at it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:53 PM   #3
TDG
Seasonal Camper

Yes. Call them and good luck I had the same problem in my Jefferson .
I just keep 2 extra motors since I couldn't get any help

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
TDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:16 PM   #4
New Camper

I did not contact Lippert myself due to we were on vacation. The toy hauler is now at a service shop that we have a great relationship with. The service shop said that the motor that they replaced was a 500 to 1 motor and that was the highest output that they could find for a replacement.

They are going to contact Lippert for us and try to resolve this on going issue since they deal directly with them and have their own contacts with the company.

We will see what the outcome is and I will update when I hear. The service department did state that they see a large amount of issues with these in wall motors and it is usually due to a heavy slide out.
K9blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:31 AM   #5
New Camper

I had slide issues and dealt with Colleen Walls from Lippert in Goshen. Colleen Walls
Service Writer
W: 574.537.8900 | F: 574.538.2958
The entire unit was installed wrong causing the issues. They did my repairs in 4 days and I am extremely happy. Mine is a 2014 Elevation and we had it at National RV for 6 months and they couldn't figure it out. Another person turned me onto the service center at Lippert and it worked out for me. I will say mine was off warranty and Lippert was a little pricy but it works great now. I did have a extended warranty company and had to seek my own reimbursement. Just thought I would share. Good Luck
Campy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 03:19 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Hey K9Blitz, how did you manually get the slide back in?

Ours hasn't failed yet...but I'm always nervous and I know I'll need to manually encourage the slide one day...

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote