Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

A nice thing happened on the way to Sturgis

I have never spotted another Elevation RV on the road, but that changed on the way to Sturgis. We were behind schedule due to road construction near Chicago and were not going to make our prearranged stopping point for the night. Found a KOA in Wisconsin and made an overnight reservation. As we pulled in, there was another 3612 in the campground, and while we were checking in the owners came by to say hello. The campground put us side by side and we quickly shared stories and became friends.

Bob's 3612 is a 2014 but very similar to my 2013. We shared stories, beverages (and we stopped at the winery they recommended on the way to Mt. Rushmore) and enjoyed their company. Found out that they were actually from South Dakota, but Bob's business had him heading to Michigan and then coming back to Spearfish for the rally. Bob and his wife generously offered us a place to park for the night at their home on the return trip, but that will have to wait for another time. We exchanged information and parted company the next day, and the photo attached shows our RVs - mine is on the left.

On our last day at Sturgis, we were downtown shopping in the mass of humanity when I heard a voice asking if we were having a good time. Turned around to see Bob and his wife, against all odds standing there. What were the odds?

We will do Sturgis again. Next year! Another attached picture shows our RV and Can-Am bike at the broken Spoke Saloon and Campground with Bear Butte in the background. It is taken very early in the stay, as the campground was overflowing in a few days. The last pic shows the wife and our dogs on the patio - not exactly roughing it! And we saw many, many more Elevation RVs during the trip!

President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Great story. Glad you had a good trip. I have never had the fortune to camp next to a similar rig. What a way to start a conversation with the neighbor!
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:27 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Sounds like fun. Last owner of a Sabre I ran into thought in was crazy trying total to him as he was borrowing mommy and daddy's rig for the weekend. Have come across several zinger owners but none while we owned it.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:25 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Similar experience here. We had not seen another elevation for over a year after buying ours. Then we end up on a weekend camping trip to a small campground on the Shenandoah river in Virginia and we are parked next to a 2013 3612 and there is a 3616 being used on site as a seasonal.
estoltz is offline   Reply With Quote