Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2017, 07:01 PM   #1
New Camper

Talking Any slide issues

Hello Everybody,
I am currently looking at Crossroads Elevation toy hauler fifth wheel. I have a diesel pusher and I am pretty familiar with large motor homes. However new to the toy hauler world. I am currently looking at a 2013 TF36, it is a very nice unit. However, when I walked into it I noticed a soft spot right in front of the left side of stairs and in front of television. I was wondering if any one has had any issues with the slide outs leaking? I asked the rv dealer and they were like that is the way the toy haulers are built. So not sure if I can get a straight answer. I live in Florida and I am looking to stay in the toy hauler 2 months in the spring and the fall. I Want to drive from Florida to California twice a year and ride my Polaris along the way. So any information would be appreciated. Thanks guys
Sharon
flarvdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:22 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

The salesman is full of sh##, don't walk, run away from that one. Now if they want to repair the floor & test for leaks, maybe just maybe.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:29 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
The salesman is full of sh##, don't walk, run away from that one. Now if they want to repair the floor & test for leaks, maybe just maybe.

I'm in FULL AGREEMENT with Danny. When there is a soft spot in the floor, there is a problem.
Goes back to the old saying----never believe a salesman!
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #4
New Camper

Slide issues

Thanks Guys,

It is such a nice unit and seems to have no other flaws. Have you guys replaced a section of the floor before?
Old 03-02-2017, 08:38 PM   #5
Gone Traveling

Yes I have replaced the entire floor on our 1st 5er, a very small old Layton, years ago, but the repair isn't the big problem, how did it get soft, usually a water leak from somewhere/something & unless it has been found/repaired the issue will continue.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:41 PM   #6
Gone Traveling

Forgot to mention, if you do the repairs realize that most all of the material needed is not the dimensional lumber found at your local lumber yard, but odd sizes you'll have make.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:33 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarvdog View Post
Thanks Guys,

It is such a nice unit and seems to have no other flaws. Have you guys replaced a section of the floor before?

No, I've never replaced any floor in any of the units we have owned. I don't ever want to either.
My question for you is--why would you ever knowingly buy a unit that has a problem like that? There are to many good units available out there that don't need work right away.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:06 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Lloyd has the best answer for this, too many out there to mess with a mess. Keep lookin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Tapatalk
fredtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #9
New Camper

Slide issues

Hey Guys,

Thanks appreciate yall's advice. I will keep looking.

Thanks
Sharon
Old 03-08-2017, 06:32 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

I purchased same 5er last September. Only weak spot I've noticed is in living room side of sliding glass door to garage on right side. Have looked under rig and can see nothing that would be causing wetness, so never gave it another thought. Love my 5er...got nothing but good stuff to report on it.
Retired Navy...love being a fulltime Landlubber
bigsky5601 is offline   Reply With Quote