Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 06:46 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Cable tv

I've searched on here and can't find anything that helps. I've done channel searches on both TVs with the cable behind the TVs is different ports. Outside I have 2 coax plugs in the same plate labeled sat and one in a plate labeled cable. I have the power antenna off. Still get zero channels. We don't usually hook up to cable this is my 2nd try. First was a fail. Is there a hidden jumper or something I'm missing? I know I've found hidden fuses buried in the wall so it wouldn't surprise me. It's a 2015 elevation 38BY brickyard.

Thanks in advance.
s.atkeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Are you sure you are on the correct connection at the outside plate? The way those plates are labeled can be confusing. Also, you might try connecting the cable box outside directly to the TV to eliminate all the rv wiring as an culprit.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:57 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

At least your outside connections are labeled. Maybe be are not.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I have two coax ports on the inside of my unit. One connector is next to the amplifier LED and the one below is for the Cable.
For me to hook up cable I have to move the coax wire from the connector next to the green LED to the connector that has no LED.

Also others are correct, Your outside incoming connectors may be mis wired.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:39 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
At least your outside connections are labeled. Maybe be are not.
I meant to say mine are not.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

A couple years ago, I had the same problem. The campground manager checked his cable feed from the post and it worked. I tried again with both connections at the back of the trailer and nothing worked. So I ran the cable thru the bedroom window and connected to the tv. Success. The dealer, under warranty, discovered that the inmates at the factory didn’t connect either the cable or satellite runs. You might want to try a direct feed from the pedestal to your tv.
2013 Toyota Tundra Double Cab V8 5.7 Ltr Limited
cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Well I'm home now so I'll play with it some. Thanks for the ideas.

2002 2500hd duramax 4x4 ex cab/ short bed

Noobie
s.atkeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:01 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Everything has to do with your setup on your TV. The switch on the wall is for your internal antenna or your cable input. You have to go to your TV setup to determine which channels to scan for. Forget the satellite side. go to Scan for channels on your TV and you can immediately see what is going on. If you do not see it finding digital channels you have the switch wrong.
papabear9695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

I just recently bought and hooked up my own external antenna and on the back of my 2018 Volante I also have 2 ports but they are not labeled so I must have got lucky cause I hooked to the one on the right (cable) wen't inside and made sure that the green led light was powered off went to my tv switched it to cable yes cable and did a scan and picked up 57 channels compared to the omni directional garbage they put on there which was only allowing me 19 and half of those were pixelating. I did check all my connections at least the ones I could get too and they all seemed ok. Long story short lol if your gonna use another source other than the actual antenna on your unit make sure the power is off (little led light) next to the coax plug in the wall if your using the antenna camper then it has to be on. TV settings set to antenna then scan, external source cable then scan at least that's what worked for me but I wouldn't rule out the little power supply going bad???
gonderoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:14 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Try playing with the tv settings

I was messing with the tvs and coax over the weekend and couldn't get it working on either tv. Turns out it was the settings on the tvs. There was some setting that I switched from air to cable that did it on the Samsung. The other tv, I ended up hitting the previous channel button and got one channel, then finally did a digital channel scan to get the rest. It took me a long time playing with it. Definitely not intuitive.

So I have a switch with a little red led. You think that switches to the outside antenna? I am having the roof replaced and not putting the tv and radio antennas back on.
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:52 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

DallesR.....I would give your idea of not putting the antennas back up a second thought. You can't read the future and if you go to sell the rig sometime in the future, having the antennas will probably be better for a potential buyer.

The red LED is probably the signal booster for when you are connected to the OTA antenna on the roof.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Roof antennas

Thanks, I will think about it.
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote