Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2017, 10:05 PM   #1
New Camper

Did I make a mistake buying one?

Hey everyone,

I came across a 2015 Elevation 3612 used the other day, and really liked everything about it. I paid more than I wanted to for a used unit, but everything felt to be quality materials with nice features.

Now coming across this forum, I can't help but think I made a mistake. I was looking at Keystone Toy Haulers, and decided to do the Elevation. It seems like the value of Elevations has dropped, and all they have is insane issues.

I know I know, all RVs have issues, but does it seem the Elevation has more/more severe issues?

With them discontinuing the Elevation, has the value dropped?

My question is, am I better off losing a $500 deposit than getting a unit with an insane amount of issues?

Thanks
Michael
mmazz365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:20 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Michael

We have a 2015 Elevation Talladega, the front bath model. I have a post on here listing the issues that I found on our first weekend with it and how I fixed each of them. It was a bit frustrating to find issues on our first trip, but all were very minor and things have been pretty good ever since. I find that most people that post on forums are looking for help with issues. If you read through any RV forum before making a purchase, you'll spend the rest of your life sleeping in hotels. I think Crossroads could do a bit better job in quality control before any trailer leaves the factory, but I also believe that some of the issues I found were due to people looking at the trailer while it was at the dealer.

I am not an employee of Crossroads or any RV dealer, just so you don't think that I'm too biased. I love our Elevation and I have yet to find anything else that I would considered replacing it with.

Hope this helps,

Bill

Bill and Kim Wandrack
Wake Forest NC
2015 Crossroads Elevation Talladega
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW
6.7L High Output Diesel
AISIN 6 spd auto 4:10
bwandrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:03 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Michael,

I have the exact same model as you but from 2013. We bought it brand new and there were a few issues that were covered under the 2 year warranty. Most of them were very minor issues and they were all fixed.

Since then we did have the rollers on the living room slide go out and had to have that repaired, but all of the other issues we have had were human error or tire blowouts (we've had a few).

We usually take one big trip a year in it (over 800 miles from home) and several small ones through out the year. Overall we are very happy with our unit and have had no significant issues.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Bill
Old 08-03-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

The most important issue is do you like unit . If you do you can deal with everything else.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:12 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

If your a handy man with tools, buy it. If you need to take into the rv repair shop, walk away. I have a 13 Rushmore Jefferson. Have done many many repairs myself. Been in it for 4 years now. We are full time rvers. Love our 5ver. Still working on repairs and upkeep. Never ending.
Gary. PM your phone # if you want to chat.
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:45 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

You have to remember most people aren't going to post on a forum all the great things that they hate or have to fix. Only the ones with issues will complain. I've had units with issues and some that I never had a problem with. The question is are you happy and is it the layout you like. Don't put the cart before the horse; meaning don't worry about problems you don't have.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:01 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

There are extended warranties available. Might ease your mind if you purchased one.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #8
Site Team

From another of my posts:

Quote:
You can go to any dealer of any brand and if you check out that brands forum, you would be asking the same question.

I believe it is more important to have a good dealer with a good repair shop that would satisfy you needs.

I also believe in the ESP. Too much to go wrong and 1 large expensive item can pay for the ESP cost.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:26 PM   #9
New Camper

Thank you all for the great replies.

I had my PDI today, and really found nothing that concerned me at all. I went over it for about 2.5 hours trying to find any issues, and couldn't find anything major.

I ended up getting the unit, and getting a 5 year extended warranty to ease my mind. The fiver is in great shape (I feel) and I am glad we went with it. She's currently sitting out on the road in front of my house and we will be living in her for the next about year in a few days when the house closes!

Thank everyone for the help.

Michael
mmazz365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:24 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Mike
I thought I would reinerrate what all have said. We sold our motor home last August and started looking for a 5r. We found a crossroads cruiser that we really liked. Started reading forums and thought wow should keep looking. Nope we bought it it was the best choice we ever could have made. We love it it has been the best purchase we could have made. When you understand that you have maintenance on campers no matter what brand you have you will like your rig.
Troddleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:09 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
From another of my posts:
This is so true! Papa T is right too. Most people post the bad not the good. I have a different model but other than the faded paint. The issues I have had are minor. And the others are with the products they use like the couch that has completely peeled and Lippert said I took too long to tell them. Sorry about that!
But Crossroads has no control over the other manufacturers products. They can only decide not to use them anymore and find better products to use in their units.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote