Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2016, 07:25 AM   #1
New Camper

Fresh water indicator

I have a 2013 3612 elevation. The fresh water level indicator reads 1/3 even when empty. The 2/3 and full levels read correctly as water level changes. I don't want to haul a lot of water just about a 1/3 tank for over night stops. Hard to judge when reading all the time. Is there any way to access the tank and sensors without removing the hole under belly. If I new the location of the sensors on the tank maybe cut a hole in under belly make repairs then patch the hole. Appears that's already by done by factory or dealer in under belly. Or is there another way to fix this issue.

2013 elevation 3612
2004 Duramax
Mikeejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

The in tank sensors have never worked properly on any rig we have owned. They get clogged up after the first few uses. The only ones that I know that work properly are sea level sensors that you mount on the outside of the tanks. They are pretty costly though. I don't even bother using them. When the grey water backs up into the shower or sink it's time to dump. When the black tank burps back at you when you flush it is time to dump
Old 08-25-2016, 02:58 PM   #3
Site Team

Totally agree.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #4
New Camper

Oh I agree completely, just thought someone may have a fix. Waste of money installing all the fancy that doesn't work. Money better spent on building camper to not fall apart. Thanks for the reply though.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:01 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

It seems like a lot of people have had this issue, us included. We did the mod that Lloyd suggested in this thread http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ssue-8423.html and now our tank gauge reads empty when we really are. Before we would run out of water and the gauge would still read 1/3rd. We have gained at least another day if not 2 when using our water tank. When I did the mod I didn't remove the tank I just dropped the under belly. I had enough room to get the new pick-up into the tank but it was tight.

Phil & Janine
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed 2500HD Cummins
2014 Cruiser 333RL
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:41 AM   #6
New Camper

fresh water tank

I brought a water meter that connects to the hose and just measure what I put in, pretty cheap fix. Thanks everyone.