Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2015, 06:27 AM   #1
New Camper

Looking at New 2013 3410. Thoughts?

Hey, I'm obviously new to the forums but looks like a great place with a wealth of information. Anyways, my wife and I have been looking at upgrading from my older bumper pull TH to a 5th wheel and have been looking T other brands and had one lined up for last weekend until I found out the salesman told me a lie about having a generator. We looked at an altitude and this elevation last night. Both units seemed to be built well compared to the Vengeance and we really like the options on the 3410 for the dollar. Nothing else comes close. Now my concern originally was that it's a 2013. I talked to the dealer, he stated that the unit was not sold at another dealer so Crossroads took it back, refurbed it and they acquired it. I noticed on the website though that it says there is no manufacturer warranty on the unit now because it was a buyback or whatever and that this dealer would handle warranty for a year through their extended warranty company. Then I came here and saw some pretty big concerns about the units. It looks like the manufacturer is trying to help those people out but this unit might not be applicable? Looking for any input.
Thank you,
Brian
blackgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Call CrossRoads with the vin they will be able to tell you
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:43 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

We looked at the 3410, then found out my Dodge 2500 diesel could handle the 3612 and that's what we ended up with. My unit and at least one other on here had problem with our 2013 roofs, but CR fixed his under warranty and eventually stepped up and fixed mine. Be careful- my roof was not covered by the Xtraride extended warranty. As mentioned above, call CR and find our what coverage they give you before taking the leap. Extended warranty is not a factory warranty, find out what they cover.
There are many nice features in the 2013 and up Elevation models, and I would want some coverage from the factory - especially if it is represented as a factory refurb. Just my $0.02.
Denny
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #4
New Camper

Thanks for the replies. What kind of roof issues? I will call and get the vin tomorrow. That is my concern is no factory support on it. Thanks again,
Brian
blackgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Hi there!

On behalf of CrossRoads, thank you for considering our product!

Though we pride ourselves in a quality product, the idea of purchasing a NEW unit without the factory warranty concerns me. Unfortunately, ANY RV built by ANY manufacturer will run across some minor issues eventually- such is the nature of a house on wheels! However, the reason behind the factory warranty is to save our owners money in the long run, and protect you from any issues that may pop up initially.

There are many MANY Elevation/Altitude dealers all over the country, so it might be worth finding the exact same model...but one with a factory warranty! Or ordering one from your dealer new!

Just my two cents, but know that should you proceed with this purpose, we will do our best to help you in any way we can...should you ever need it!

Best of luck!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 05:09 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Great advice from Christian. The cheapest deal is not always the best deal. Not sure why or how a dealer can represent that unit as new/refurbished but there may be reasons - keep asking the questions. Maybe they can show you documentation that backs their claim, maybe not.

I think the move to a 2 year warranty by CR on a new unit is great for a normal RV user. Unless you travel extensively, you will only use the RV 5 or more times per year and the coverage for the second year allows you to discover and correct any potential issues.

I had the opportunity to inspect the Elevation units at the Hershey RV show at length, and I liked what I saw as improvements in construction over my existing unit. Not sure where you live, but my RV sleeps over the winter.
Your call, but I'm very happy with my Elevation. I traveled about 4500 miles with it this year.
Denny
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote