Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

New 2013 Elevation 3612 owner with questions

Bride and I just picked up our 2013 Elevation 3612, bought it from a private seller. Been doing some cleaning, reading manuals, etc., like most new owners. Couple of questions for you veteran 3612 owners:
1 - Mystery switch under living room tv, left of control panel...what does it operate? Have checked what I know to check and can't figure it out.
2 - Yesterday while testing/running generator, had both AC units running and master bed room got cold enuff to hang meat so decided to turn it off. As soon as I did, generator shut off with no electrical power. Started generator back up, but no electric. Reset 30 amp switches at generator, along with resetting all fuzes at inside fuze box...nothing. Haven't done anything with it today...letting it rest and hopefully repair itself.
3 - Have a tear in living room vinyl flooring...any idea the brand/style of vinyl flooring used in the 3612...we have the dark recliners. Am hoping to patch the two rips, rather than replacing entire floor.
4 - Where is the switch to turn on the two lights above the hitch located?

That's all for now...thanks in advance for any answers.
Retired Navy...love being a fulltime Landlubber
bigsky5601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
New Camper

Congratulations on your new purchase. I have a 3812 so will help when possible.
1. I believe the mystery switch on ours is an auxiliary outlet in the mechanical compartment which is behind the wall under the storage area.
2. I would have guessed the breakers at the generator.
3. Mine has the dark sofas but the manuals don't discuss the vinyl.
4. Switch to the front lights is inside the right front battery compartment door.
Good luck.
Rancherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:42 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the feedback. Still don't have answer to questions 1 or 3. Talked to an RV guru today and he informed me that anytime I am on power, either shore or gen, I should have my battery on....of course I didn't know that...so hopefully that solves that question. Found my cap light switch exactly where you said it would be, in the battery compartment door. Thanks again.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:18 PM   #4
New Camper

The mystery switch on my 3812 is for the Wifi Ranger. I can never remember that.
Some of the 3612s put a switch there to turn on an outside 110V above their kitchen.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks Rancherman...will plug something into my outside 110V outlet to see if switch turns it off/on. Went out to rig today to dewinterize...thinking I'd fill my fresh water tank to some gravity plug, only to find out it doesn't have one. Now I get to figure out how to fill/sanitize water tank. This is definitely a learning experience. The owners manual is a useless POS if you ask me, its very generic and gives no pics...just says fill tank. Being I purchased used I've not had the RV buyers class on where things are and how to use em. I've never been know to be the sharpest tool in the tool shed anyway :-) Thanks again for your advise.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #6
New Camper

Hope it works.
To see if its your Wifi Ranger, turn the switch off, turn you cell phone wifi on, and turn on the switch. In a couple minutes you will see WIFI Ranger displayed.

Dewinterizing is a tough one. And you are correct, the manuals don't help much.
Just remember, it beats a day at work.

Tags
generator, switch, vinyl flooring