Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

New Elevation Richmond

I figured I would stop cluttering other threads up with unrelated info and start my own thread but thanks to all the help this forum has provided thus far and all those who provided input.

All went well with our PDI and we brought the camper home today. We arrived about 15 minutes early and they already had the camper setup and completely cleaned, opened up and they did much of the work before we even arrived and were extremely thorough and spent close to 3 hours with us. Can't say enough about the service techs we worked with, they went above and beyond to ensure we were satisfied.
  • They identified one screen door with a scratch on it
  • One of the propane doors was misaligned and the other had a scratch on the frame so they order replacements for both
  • One blackout screen behind the couch had a cut in it which they ordered a replacement
  • The cables for the garage ramp were missing which they also ordered
  • They cleaned up a couple of trim issues in the bedroom
  • Roof ladder had a bottom screw pulling out and they had to align the bottom bracket 1/4" to the left as the factory missed a stud with the one screw

No other issues and everything else worked perfectly. The slides worked without issue, air conditioning and heating worked well and ducts seemed to push air through as camper got hot fast. Hydraulic leveling jacks work very well and leveled the camper first try and multiple times since we've been home. Nice system with quite a few features but not very intuitive. Stereos worked well and speakers inside and out function as expected. We tested all water inputs and outlets which all worked without issue including the valves for the dumps for the bathroom gray/black, the kitchen gray and the garage gray. The fresh water drain was capped and available under the camper and we filled the fresh tank to about 1/4 and drained it which was not quick but better than our previous setup. They went over the roof front to back, the roof drains were all in alignment, awnings worked very well although the side awnings don't seem to have a fixed stop so you have to watch when the led lights come around and stop at that point. I'm sure we'll run into a few issues and have observed a loose screw on one of the shades which needed to be oversized since we've been home but overall, we're very pleased thus far. Really appreciate all the insight which was very beneficial going through the process.

Thanks again,

Mike
Old 10-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Hey Mike,

I tried a bunch of times over the weekend to respond, but kept either getting interrupted or losing my connection.

First things first: I see a lot of words on the page, but where are the photos? C'mon man, we need to see some "baby pictures" of the new rig. Inside and out.

I'm glad to see your PDI went smoothly. It sounds like it was thorough.

I assume you played with every switch and cabinet over the weekend. Did you find any surprises or anything that you didn't notice or had forgotten from the PDI?

Congratulations. Enjoy the new rolling home.
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:04 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I'll grab some additional pics and post some as I only took the one below while at the dealer last week just before we left. We found some things we didn't check after we were home and going through it (or that broke after the fact) like the Microwave stopped working even though it has power, the light inside when you open the door is very dim and no display externally (only noticed as I usually hear that beep when testing generator power), the fuel gauges don't work even with power and the pump turned on. Not sure how much fuel you need for it to register (I added 5 gallons) but I'll let them look into it. The Dyson vacuum needs a battery (Dyson is sending one), after checking the air conditioning filters, I found that the tape used inside to seal joints wasn't applied well and the cooled air was being pushed into the returns which hurt air coming out of the vents especially for the center air unit. I also didn't like the bedroom door in our model which opens into the hallway and conflicts with the bathroom door which also opens into the hallway. We swapped the trim and flipped the door so it opens into the bedroom towards the bed which is just screwed and glued on the hinge side and it's much better. Although not a problem, my wife noticed when setting it up that the kitchen drawers where you would typically hold cutlery are smaller than our other camper so we need to find an adjustable or custom fit or make our own? A few updates and changes we are contemplating as I want a glass panel door for the garage entry and we need some storage ideas for the garage as we have so much less underneath storage now.

Thanks,

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmiston View Post
Hey Mike,

I tried a bunch of times over the weekend to respond, but kept either getting interrupted or losing my connection.

First things first: I see a lot of words on the page, but where are the photos? C'mon man, we need to see some "baby pictures" of the new rig. Inside and out.

I'm glad to see your PDI went smoothly. It sounds like it was thorough.

I assume you played with every switch and cabinet over the weekend. Did you find any surprises or anything that you didn't notice or had forgotten from the PDI?

Congratulations. Enjoy the new rolling home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leaving the dealer.jpg (148.7 KB, 4 views)