Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2015, 12:35 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Angry Slide out broke

Had blow out yesterday, tore couch slide out wiring lose. Spliced both together and still doesn't work. Lippert said you can't splice wire, need new harness. Got repair man out and he can't find control box to do Manuel slide out. Call crossroads and guy said it should be located in driver side trunk? We couldn't find trunk? Stuck camping and can't get slide out pushed out. 2013 evolution toy hauler, 37'. Any suggestions appreciated.
Bchaisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

manual release is at the top by motors if I remember right. been a long time since practicing a manual operation. check fuses for the electrics. I know in the owners manual it explains how to manual ops. can feel your pain, hope all works out
acftphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I had the exact same thing happen. Splicing the wires did work for me. I went to Home Depot and bought some thermostat wire. It got me thru the trip until I could get it to the shop.

After some reading I read that you can push the slide out. You have disconnect from the controller which should be in your storage since there are two motors and one might still be engaged I didn't try it, but it might be worth a shot.

I can't tell which model you have bit my controllers were in the storage area I've got the 2012 3612. They are white boxes there should be one for each slide.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:17 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

The 3612 has the controllers in the storage area, which is accessible from the door side of the unit. You have to disassemble the back wall of the storage compartment to get to them. There are several you-tube videos showing how to disconnect the motors for manual slide out or in as needed. Be careful as this disengages the locking feature and you will need to manually lock the slide in for travel - as shown in the video.

Perhaps you can get a mobile RV service to come to your camp site until you get to the dealer. Just an option.
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by denviola View Post
The 3612 has the controllers in the storage area, which is accessible from the door side of the unit. You have to disassemble the back wall of the storage compartment to get to them.
Mine are located on the left side of the storage compartment and are easily accessible. Nothing has to be taken down to get to them, I think the stereo AMP is mounted there as well.

They must change the location between years, what year model is yours denviola?
Old 05-14-2015, 01:59 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I don't have the same RV but my controller is under the fireplace in the bottom cabinet to the right.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:21 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Mine is the 2013 model 3612, and I always pull the back panel of the storage compartment to winterize the unit. I like to bypass and drain the water heater before each winter. Behind that panel is the furnace, water pump, water heater and lots of water lines and ductwork. The subwoofer for the entertainment center is there as well.

In the living space, there is a panel at lower left under the TV that could be removed so you can see inside the compartment. That is if we have the same year and model. Try putting your year and model in your signature so all can see. The signature option should be accessible by selecting Quick Links in the menu bar above, then edit signature.

Regards.
Denny
Old 05-14-2015, 08:26 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Problem fixed! Slade's Mobile Repair out of Dallas drove two hrs and got me fixed. Sent two guys, they replace the motor on back side of slide. Replace wiring spliced in a used wiring harness, that factory said would not work, sync motors. Had all this equipment on their service truck out of here in four hours. Trailer insurance cover it. They took my credit card and insurgence will reimburse me. Thanks to these guys, I would recommend them to anyone that breaks down in Dallas , Ft Worth area. Found control boxes behind wall on door side front compartment not in trunk opposite door side like factory said? Thanks for all help from forum.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:41 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Great to hear you are back in operation!
Old 05-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Did the blow out cause any other damage? When mine went it tore the j wrap up pretty bad and had to be replaced.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:57 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Panel behind wheel, and molding